Fast Cars + Travelogue

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Fast Cars + Travelogue

Post by dante »

Not sure what genre this is, I think Ill call it ElectroRock. Came out pretty good.

https://soundcloud.com/hitfoundry/fast-cars

It's about going for a cruise in a nice car with yer lady, probably on the Ocean Road downunder or Pacific Coast Hwy for you Americanos :)

EDIT: Woops ! Fixed incomplete link !
Last edited by dante on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
53E7

Re: Fast Cars

Post by 53E7 »

I really like this song. It's really fun. My most recent guilty pleasure is watching Jay Leno's car shows on youtube. I don't actually own a car but I really like cars and I love car shows. I guess I'm as much of a car guy as you can really be in New York. Thanks for sharing!
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

But which one is it ?
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

Just scroll down half way down Dante's Soundcloud page. Look below the playlists. The Fast Car song is below the Apple song.
dante

Post by dante »

DOH ! Sorry - correct link is : https://soundcloud.com/hitfoundry/fast-cars
53E7 wrote:I really like this song. It's really fun. My most recent guilty pleasure is watching Jay Leno's car shows on youtube. I don't actually own a car but I really like cars and I love car shows. I guess I'm as much of a car guy as you can really be in New York. Thanks for sharing!
My best car was a new BMW which I had for 10 years before the cost of maintenance overtook its value, the fastest I drove it was 160KM on a Tasmanian highway circa 2003. Good fun ! But I wouldn't do it again on any other road.

I'm a fan of German technology.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Since 2 months, I've got an electric car ! It's excellent ! No noise, amazing accelerations but no faster than 140km/h, gadgets everywhere, I'm very happy. And the most nice thing : nomore mecanical afternoon to change oil, brakes, timing belt, etc...! A dream ! :)
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

dante wrote:The fastest I drove it was 160KM on a Tasmanian highway circa 2003. Good fun!
Now that's a "Fast Car"! Cool story (awesome car too).
dante

Post by dante »

@JoPo I like the idea of elecrtric cars as well. Its a shame that Aus car manufacturing is going the way of Detroits but GM there recognises Aussie and German talent. Holden will stop manufacturing in Aus but before then they have collaborated with German designers to come up with this 1 litre 3 cylinder turbocharged space aged beast :
Holden Opal
Holden Opal
holden-opal.jpg (57.46 KiB) Viewed 4317 times
REF http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... 937f3e39ec
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

How about the best of everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddU4tcGIF6k

It can be a hybrid like a Prius (except its a full on race car) but also has a mode so it can run on 100% electric.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

BMW ! Mac Laren ! Opel ! These are bad small stuff in comparaison with my rocket ! Look at that ! :

:lol:
dante

Post by dante »

Cool - how long it takes to charge it up ?
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

It's complicated : depends temperature ! As we are in winter, it's longer. But it depends also which power supply you plug the cable. I installed a 14A socket at home & at work. And from 10% -> 100%, it mays take up to 8 hours. But there is another cable for much more intensity socket and you need 2 hours. But I know in some city, one can find even more intensity socket and you need 15mn...
When you go slower or even brake, you charge the battery.
Anyway, I use it for going at work (50 km). In winter I can drive for 130 km, in summer, 170. If I had not been able to charge it at work, I wouldn't have buy it...
For the moment, I'm very satisfied. The battery is rented : it's not mine, so when it will start to not hold charge correctly, they'll give me another. The battery is very expensive.
It's funny cause at red light, there is no car that can follow me ! It's the first time I've got such a car ! :D But I don't drive like crazy...
dante

Post by dante »

So if you charge it up at an electricity bowser in the city in 15 mins, do you then go and pay at the cash register like regular petrol, or the outlet allows credit card ?
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Here in the US the fast charge stations are at dealerships (for free) or at random other places, like a library, which costs $2. Electricity is cheap compared to gas.

Some work locations have them, but outside California, they're rare.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

dante wrote:So if you charge it up at an electricity bowser in the city in 15 mins, do you then go and pay at the cash register like regular petrol, or the outlet allows credit card ?
Depends... The car manufactorer company offers free charge in all there chain store, and you find them even in small towns in France : it's Renault, they are everywhere. But you can also charge the battery for free in almost all supermakets or town hall. And in Paris, I believe you have to buy a kind of credit card but not expensive at all and there is a lot of places there to plug the car because there is a public electric car you can take in Paris with the same power supply "box".

Basically, the battery is rented. And you pay each month. When you buy the car and thus, rent the battery, you have to tell them how many kilometer you're going to drive a year. And in function of that km number, you pay pore or less. I drive a lot : 25 000 km a year. So I pay 120€/month. And it's much less expensive than gas. But you must pay electricity too... I have the chance to charge for free the battery at my work. But for someone like ma who drives 25 000 km a year, the electricity price for charging the battery could be around 45€.

The fact that the battery is rented is an advantage because it's very expensive and after a amount of charges, the battery efficiency becomes less good... To buy a new one would not be possible ! But as it's rented, they'll give me a new one.
dante

Post by dante »

Well, we have had our car for 2 years and its only just done 15,000KM ! So battery license would be cheap for us.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

7500 km a year ?? In Australia ?? You killed my old dream.... :lol:

Sure ! You should pay 40 or 50€/month..

I think that if one day, I come in Australia, I'll need a very good car to cross over Autralia in several ways... From est to west and progressively from north to south... A little tour in the outback ! To see the red land ! And Uluru, the holy montain ! Image Don't you need a good car to go there ? And a lot of kilometers !?

Or crossing over Australia in a road train ! A dream !
dante

Post by dante »

Its 2,300 KM from Melbourne where I live, so I guess we would need a good car to get there :) Or fly to Alice Springs and hire a car would be better.

Actually, I've never been there !

So all the KM we have done in car in 2 years would get us there and back 3 times !
hubird

Post by hubird »

Looks like Christo was there...
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Alice Springs ! :o Just to read the name is magic... Does it looks like this ? :

And since I read "The Dead Heart" I'm even more attracted by that place. But I'll never speak to any girl if I go to Alice Springs...

Is there some kangaroo in your back yard, sometimes ?