tribute to Edgar Froese

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neil B

tribute to Edgar Froese

Post by Neil B »

Well, I was between projects & started thinking about the great man Edgar and how much I was missing my Scope modular (well, Scope in general).
Anyway, posted a couple of tracks as tribute to him, his solo albums and of course with Tangerine Dream.

These 2 Berlin School tracks are from 2003 & 2011 and use Cubase VST 32/5.1 and Cubase 4.52 along with Scope Modular 2 & 3, Miniscope, Uknow007, STS, M-Trons, Roland JV-1080, Kontakt, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Atmosphere and lots of other things including, wait for it..... EZSynth :-)

An acquired taste, but I felt the man behind lots of things such as midi, modulars & Cubase (ultimately) should be remembered here.

The Lava Seas of Sulfann Beta
Oops - link not working - see later post

Before it Ends
Oops - link not working - see later post

Neil
Last edited by Neil B on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dante

Re: tribute to Edgar Froese

Post by dante »

I tried listen to these tracks but got an error saying they weren't there. They are public tracks ?

So I did a search in soundcloud itself and found 'The Lava Seas of Sulfann Beta (2011)' - is that the same ?

Very good - did so remind me of T Dream.

I'm right into making tracks 'in-the-style-of' and was wondering how many others were.

Some nice transitions also in 'Before it Ends'
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Hiya Dante - it seems like it was the brackets in the title screwed the links up.
New links below. Tested & working :-)

Thanks for all the feedback - and comments on soundcloud. Much appreciated. "Lava Seas", I feel is more in line with solo Froese, as in his Aqua & Stuntman albums, particularly in the use of the melody line, such as it is.

Neil

https://soundcloud.com/neil-buxton/the- ... lfann-beta

https://soundcloud.com/neil-buxton/before-it-ends
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

I think that "making tracks in the style of" can be a fun and useful exercise sometimes.
You get a great kick out of "getting that Pink Floyd synth or guitar sound" just right.
It can be a learning curve
It can stretch you & teach you new tricks.
It can also lead you in new directions if your own compositions have started sounding like the equivalent of "writers block".
Not just the composition either - the whole process of mixing, mic placement and faithful reproduction too.
Neil
dante

Post by dante »

Yeah 'Pick Me Up' reminds me of a song I have with a similar progression to the intro - ironically called 'Sad and Blue' - so now I'm going to remix it 'in-the-style-of-Neil-B' with a similar backbeat - which is why I wrote the word 'inspiring' on it.
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

:D
Strange, 'cos the day after I put it up on Soundcloud, a guy from the Czech Republic asked for permission to add his own vocals/words & me to remix it. Not had time to do anything about it yet.

Perhaps I'm finally doing something right :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for that.
Off to the Scottish mountains for a couple of weeks or so soon, so look forward to Sad & Blue MKII when I return(?!?!?!)
Neil
dante

Post by dante »

definitely !!

Ive created a new soundcloud group - 'In The Style Of' - you might like to add the Edgar Froese one there.

https://soundcloud.com/groups/in-the-style-of