cinematic strings 2 test run

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

cinematic strings 2 test run

Post by kensuguro »

finally got DFD to work right.. I needed to turn on disk caching in Windows. I had it turned on for other drives I guess, and forgot to turn it on for my new usb drive. Works like a charm.

Quickly taking Cinematic Strings 2 through paces. The octave unison with violin 1 and 2 sounds amazingly powerful. Almost too much. Staccato samples allow for some "pop" style phrasing. Lyrical / slow passage sounds gorgeous. But playing fast melodies (in the samba-like section) was not so cool. The library is much better a slow phrasing. The players need some coffee or something.

I used mixed mic setting (close, room, and stage collapsed into 1 channel), bluetube reverb, preamped and a bit of stereo widening.
The string sound doesn't really make sense in all the settings. The samba-like part should have been close mic to get better definition. The mixed channel is too laggy for the phrasing.

btw, piano is bluethner on pianoteq. Really nice chilled out piano that has a nice soft felt-ish attack.

Independence 3 for bits of orchestral percussion.
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Nestor

Re: cinematic strings 2 test run

Post by Nestor »

Glad to hear that.

Yes, it sounds better in slower passages, pretty cool orchestral sound overal, congrats Ken! :)
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*