Desert breeze (acoustic ethnic instruments) + video

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Desert breeze (acoustic ethnic instruments) + video

Post by bosone »

hi! i would like to share my latest composition, “desert breeze”.
I combined musical instruments gathered from different part of the world to compose original music with ethnic flavor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQXMo8rLQv4

In this case I used a frame drum from Morocco, a didgeridoo from Australia, a guzheng from china, a percussion from Perù, a simsimiyya harp from Jordan, a Saz and a duduk/mey from Turkey.
I hope you enjoy the journey!

Have also a look at the other video of this project:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6yfuGaVeW4

This is an ongoing music/video project in which I will use instruments gathered from all around the world, combining them in unusual ways to make music. Musical instruments from different cultures blends together to create original atmospheres and soundscapes.
dawman

Re: Desert breeze (acoustic ethnic instruments) + video

Post by dawman »

Awesome strategy and sound Bo. :wink:
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Woah ! Excellent !
I like the way you make actual music with those no age instruments !

Bravissimo !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dante

Post by dante »

bosone wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQXMo8rLQv4
In this case I used a frame drum from Morocco, a didgeridoo from Australia, a guzheng from china, a percussion from Perù, a simsimiyya harp from Jordan, a Saz and a duduk/mey from Turkey.
Awesome... Did you learn the circular breathing as well ? I used to try to practice that b drinking with a straw whilst exhaling. Didn't work too well.

But well done - compositionally as well as performance wise. Got me thinking - wonder if there's a sample set of Kontakt didgeridoos ....
bosone

Post by bosone »

dante wrote:
Awesome... Did you learn the circular breathing as well ? I used to try to practice that b drinking with a straw whilst exhaling. Didn't work too well.
yes i managed to learn it but without the straw. cannot actually tell you how i got it but once you understand the concept it's not so difficult.

But well done - compositionally as well as performance wise. Got me thinking - wonder if there's a sample set of Kontakt didgeridoos
thanks!
actually i never heard about sampled digeridoos. i feel it would be quite difficult to provide something "usable" and not only predefined loops. it's an amazing instrument, capable of a lot of sound variations and rhytmic patterns... of course i just play it in a very basic way! :P