Schizophrenic Dream

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Schizophrenic Dream

Post by dante »

A 10 minute Prog Rock excursion.

https://soundcloud.com/hitfoundry/schiz ... dream-2014

Now that I remembered to optimise Cubase, more plugs can run at once, good for such opus.
Eanna

Re: Schizophrenic Dream

Post by Eanna »

Really enjoyed that!!
You've got a solid handle on the retro vibe...
Reminds me of a Pink Floyd track - it's not unlike Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast (off Atom Heart Mother)... Tuneful book-ends around a trippy dream-sequence...
Maybe you could call it Dante's Schizophrenic Breakfast?

Fair play man.
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
dante

Re: Schizophrenic Dream

Post by dante »

Thanks - Floyd's brekky definately an influence - so too the Close to the Edge (down by the river) FX.

In mid 80's I began a series of stereo experiments, starting out with eavesdropping friend who had a portable cassette recorder, with seperate left and right mic at each end of the unit. This returned great stereo thru headphones, so I started recording audio sources with seperate SM58's and moving a speaker (playing back prerecorded material) between the 2 mics to get stereo movement effect.

Then even better, was keeping the speaker stationary whilst moving the mics independantly around it, or even having them swing on cords suspended from the ceiling rafters !!

You can hear one of these sequences at the 6:20 mark of this peice for about a minute, where I had a couple of speakers playing back Wasp and Octave Wars DX7 presets between the mobilised SM58's

This type of stereo movement seems to have much more depth/dimension than just panning a channel on a mixing desk.