I made a comp with synthedit

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

I made a comp with synthedit

Post by kensuguro »

I was revisiting an old install of synthedit. It was still in demo mode, I guess I never paid for it. I found a peak follower module and decided I'd make me a comp. A really exaggerated powerful comp that'd make everything look like pins.

I attached the dll. I couldn't figure out how to hide modules that you don't really need to mess with, so it's very confusing.. but if you mess with it, you should be able to get something that sounds like a super powerful comp. Don't expect too much subtlety from it, although you can get some subtlety if you tweak it long enough. It's pretty much a comp where the threshold is at -100db and ratio is always infinity. But you get to control how much reduction is applied with a knob, so that's sort of like controlling ratio. I have no idea how the vca module that came with synthedit works... it asks for an input where you specify exponential, linear, db, or db old. Whatever those things mean...

signal goes:
bandpass -> peak detector -> vca -> makeup -> waveshape saturator -> out
raw input------------------------^

Mostly good for just a quick fix to make drums extra snappy, but with lots of tweaking, works okay as a bus comp as well. Very snappy.

I might not really need the filter on the peak detector, but kind of cool to be able to choose to react to the kick or the snare or whatever.

Picking the wrong settings may result in no sound, or speaker killing loud, crazy sounds. Use at your own risk.
Attachments
DestroyComp.zip
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 133 times

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]