N-ORMX

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

hubird

N-ORMX

Post by hubird »

I'm at a point that I had to decide to a mixdown of my current (re)mix.
I've planned an extra synt basline, and will probably use a filter cutoff on some other parts, but as for now it's enough: the band from whom I took all the samples from could play it life as arranged, except the added drumloop, as the band doesn't use a drummer.

I searched the internet for something music which would fit: 1. tuba, 2. glad, and 3. exiting.
I found something appropriate (check the 'now listening' thread), and took a lot of samples from it, most of them two counts, sometimes one bar.
Often I isoleted everything but the chosen detail of a sample, and used that where needed.
To avoid frequency doubling with all those layered samples I had to low-cut eq them of course.
And I added symbals.

So I came up with this.

I tried to stay below 3:30, and I'm close :)
The original tempo has been kept, the original sample cd drumloop had be stretched up a bit. Which made it a bit more tight, and I thought that's ok.
The appearent hihats are actually the washboard player.
Oh, I took a sample of the studio applaus with someone calling the title and used it as part of the song.

One specific sample of one complete bar is used as the basic music loop.
After the first intro you can hear it, it has a dark cut-off filter on it, almost without resonance. Later in the track you hear the sample at full clarity, but as the low tones are about the same you hardly notice it's the same sampled loop you hear.

Used a Virus for the (ext. In) filter activities on drumloop and applaus part.

MP3 tho.

PS. Don't wanne be googled on song or band names at the moment with this mix, so please keep related threads and naming separate if you don't mind ;-)
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ehasting

Re: N-ORMX

Post by ehasting »

Great work, catchy. The beats blended in perfect
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Super ! Fun !
Maybe the 'snare' is a bit too present and the 'high' brass, I mean the clarinet, trumpet, soprano sax (no bass brass) not enough. But it depends on what style or character you want to give to the track. Like it is now, it sounds electronic, maybe, with the 'high' brass louder and some fresh air, it'll be more acoustic-marching-band-in-the-street ..! :D

Excellent.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
hubird

Post by hubird »

JoPo wrote:Like it is now, it sounds electronic, maybe, with the 'high' brass louder and some fresh air, it'll be more acoustic-marching-band-in-the-street ..! :D
true :)
I like it this way, but I will try lowering the loop volume to see what it gives.
Thanks for comment, also ehasting :)