FREDDY

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

FREDDY

Post by dante »

Freddy is a Funk Horror Rap track.

Well that was the attempt - in my day there was only Rock, Disco, Funk, Punk and Blues. Now we have a million genres and anything goes - so interested to hear opinions if this worked.
hubird

Re: FREDDY

Post by hubird »

hats off :) it's you rapping/singin?
I would crank up the highs, at leastpump up the volume of high contents like hihats.
But maybe it's style intended.
I searched for the original on youtube, couldn't find any.
dante

Post by dante »

Not me singing - added credit for lead singer though thanks. Will check the highs - normally I go overboard with those :). The original unreleased by same writer/performer.
hubird

Post by hubird »

dante wrote:Not me singing - added credit for lead singer though thanks. Will check the highs - normally I go overboard with those :). The original unreleased by same writer/performer.
ok, thanks, no wonder I couldn't find.
But at least I now know of rapper Freddy who shot himself in his head immediately after he tweetet the intention :D

A few sparely placed but loud enough hats would contribute strongly to the rythm.
I monitor through ADAM nearfields, the small ones.

If I can pump up the highs so much than the highs are largely below 'normal'.
Your pro ears know to find the hats like nature, but if you'd be used to an eq'd mix for a few days you would change your mind I think.
Like the rapping, has a good roll :)
dante

Post by dante »

The drums are a single Reason Octorex with only stereo out, but I can add another instrument and layer some more hi hats.

The writer in this case didn't shoot himself, but hung himself.
hubird

Post by hubird »

dante wrote:The writer in this case didn't shoot himself, but hung himself.
oops...