You and I - dNa Discovery

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

You and I - dNa Discovery

Post by dante »

I'm here to say that the combination of Reason and dNa is a winner.

When I first tried to mix in 96Khz on XITE-1D using Cubase I found it restrictive - mainly good for just MIDI. But since then in 2011, Reason has come of age.

The Reason Line6 Guitar amps are a great way to add some crunch to over-driven guitar, rhythm and lead. The RV7000 reverb is second to none and as good as anything else I've heard, native, DSP or hardware, and with only 3 knobs excellent for dialing up a quick result.

Once created 8 mix busses in Reason (routed to Scope dNa Summer of 82) then workflow in Reason is a breeze as adding new tracks can be immediately routed to any of the 8 busses (far simpler than the multi-screen routing navigation of Cubase).

Adding dNa Summer then mastering with dNa EQ and Compressor round off a great way to produce live rock sounding mixes. Not that you can tell the difference between that and real classic mixes, as there is still digital precision, but you can get close to being in the best of both worlds.

You and I

For ScopeRise, I'd like to hear about anyone else mixing classic rock in Scope, and / or using dNa plugs.
Last edited by dante on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hubird

Re: You and I - dNa Discovery

Post by hubird »

lovely-tight chordguitars, wish every rockband would sound like this :D
And you invited the Lord, I hear...
That's why 'You and I'? :P
dawman

Post by dawman »

Makes me want to get Reason and ReWire it into Bidule.
The Reverb actually pretty nice when the decay isn't overlapping.
Nice Job Dante...
dante

Post by dante »

Thanks - I agree about the reverb, not 100% happy with the way its working on the hi hats. The drums are just a single quick-dial GM midi preset where the drums are premixed in stereo and fed into a single reverb. Like if you had a MIDI drum machine with only stereo output and no separate aux send or output per drum.

With a bit more effort you can set up a separate instrument for each drum and add seperate amounts of reverb to each drum and overheads for more control a'la ToonTracks. In fact, thats what I'm gonna do - since I have the Alan White kits rolled into a Reason Refill

You can download a demo version of Reason - it's definitely worth taking for a spin.