Urban Street Angels

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neil B

Urban Street Angels

Post by Neil B »

Where to begin.......................

I remember 10 years ago (REALLY) uploading a 303 based dance track (Becoming Unstable) to celebrate my 50th Birthday. :cry:

Well, just got back from 3 weeks mountain biking and quad biking in the Scottish Mountains, celebrating my 60th Birthday :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's been a great summer so I ain't written much music, but I simply HAD to upload something to celebrate / commiserate.

Whilst on holiday, my dear wife suggested that at 60 Hip op should be a medical procedure, not a genre of music, so this gave me the idea of what to upload.

At the same time, I've finally scrapped my website, due to lack of time (retirement can be SO exhausting) and so I've joined Soundcloud.

This then is my first link to SoundCloud to ensure I post the links properly
It's also, as mentioned, a celebration of yet another birthday, another year gone.
It also reminds me of how long I've been a member of this great family on Planet Z (or is it a civilisation?) - thanks to all for help & friendship over many many years

And the track is dedicated to all those street pastors that support the police and voluntarily help the young 'uns out when they leave the clubs in the early hours, tired, drunk, distressed etc.

It's a sort of urban (tech hop?) track. I deconstructed Stylus RMX melodic & percussive loops,, mangled them to my own melodies and reconstructed it again by programming my own Omnisphere patches. Kontakt used too, as was Stylus RMX, Trilian and more. All mixed with Cubase & Scope FX and mixers.

It's okay - not bad for a pensioner :lol:

The link is here- hope it works:
https://soundcloud.com/neil-buxton/urban-street-angels

And remember:
Growing old is compulsory
Growing up is optional
dante

Re: Urban Street Angels

Post by dante »

Some interesting counterpoint, and given me some ideas re wobble-bass !
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

I wish I could say I composed it from scratch but is was more of a deconstruction job & rebuild with changes to some of the melody, bass & chord lines. Bit of a learning curve track to get the feel of the genre.

The wobble basses are pretty much out of the box RMX loops (I confess!). In fact I used 5 instances of RMX for the track & deconstructed most of them, rebuilding in Omnisphere & Trilian.
But the wobble basses are virtually just loops of 3 or 4 separate bass lines dropped into the track.

Glad they gave you some ideas though :D
dante

Post by dante »

Aweome, well I checked out this :

http://player.vimeo.com/v2/video/27470237/

Thats the kind of stuff I want to make. Will see what I can do with Juggernaut
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Yeah, I've watched that video.

Have you got Omnisphere (as opposed to Juggernaut)?

If so, have a look at what Skippy Lehmkuhl is doing with his banks of patches

http://www.pluginguru.com/guru-products ... se-patches

or Midihead with EDM Omnisphere Patches

http://www.ilio.com/products/ilio-downloads

Neil
dante

Post by dante »

No don't have Omnisphere or Stylus, they seem rather expensive. Not saying they are not value for money, just short on the readies at the moment.

Juggernaut was cheaper but it doesn't have any inbuilt loops to use as a starting point (reconstruction), whereas something like Spark Dubstep does and is only slightly more expensive.

I have inbuilt Kontakt urban beats, but they are rather weak on wobble basses etc. And something called Loopmash in Cubase but I can tell these freebies are not in the same league as Stylus.
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

I don't think Stylus is the tool for actually creating wobble basses. My guess is with the ones I used, that they were created externally with samplers & whatever, then put through something like Recycle to split into events for use in RMX.
Bear in mind RMX started life as a "drum machine" but is really excellent for melodic loops too.

I understand where you're coming from with regards to "readies" ! I'll never be able to afford and Xite box for instance.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Cool Neil, I’m glad go are kipping up your work and fun, it’s a nice track. The choir reminds me the Russian army with their very mainly shouts :)

Getting old reminds us of death, and most people fear death because they have never considered about its reality seriously, most people die without getting ready for such a strong moment. But death, to my understanding, can be a very good thing, a relive of tension, pain and responsibility from a long life. I am 100% positive about the existence of life after death, I know about it by myself, it is not something I have read about or learned from someone else. Why? It doesn’t matter why but I know about it firsthand. The moment of death is a great experience.

Nevertheless, the most important about death, is how you have lived your life here.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*