Rydeen!

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Rydeen!

Post by kensuguro »

Same exploration. Played Rydeen by YMO and some variations. Basically trying to see if it was possible to do some nintendo style voicings (and sounds) and see how it blended with classing synth music.

And interesting thing I learned was that the original Rydeen arrangement is rather fragile. In a good way. It seems every little element of the sound is vital in keeping everything in balance and making the harmony / voicing work. I'm assuming it's by design, but though it has very few moving parts, they all interlock perfectly and nudging one piece screws is up the feel. (I mean, even keeping within proper music theory rules) Gotta admire the work of the masters. It's very well crafted.

Sylenth for all synths
microtonic for drums

Made it sound as close as possible to the orginal with the 3 hrs I had. The original definitely sounds more "hot", to the point where I think the lead is seriously distorted. (to make it sound even hotter) It literally makes lightning bolts shoot out of my headphones. (rydeen = 雷電 = "lightning electric")
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]