Donald

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Roland Kuit

Donald

Post by Roland Kuit »

Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/
fra77x

Re: Donald

Post by fra77x »

Please don't upload such sounds in the music section. Better use the environmental sound textures and mimickry section.
:P
;-)
dante

Post by dante »

Careful....definitions please. When is 'environmental sound textures and mimickry' not music ? :o :lol:
Roland Kuit

Post by Roland Kuit »

dante wrote:Careful....definitions please. When is 'environmental sound textures and mimickry' not music ? :o :lol:
:o Maybe it is Art? :-?
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Before some time i had a conversation with a friend of mine about what makes "art", what makes "big art" and what makes no art at all.
We used malevich abstract paintings as an example. Malevich was my friend's great painter and i was opposing to him by contrasting da vinci. I admire and recognize modern art but i'm not the guy who is taking anything without an argue. (and i know some of modern art theory).

Most of the time we talked about subjectivity and objectivity. "Ideal", "universal recognition", and things like that.

Do you like to exchange some ideas about that subject?

For me that "donald" sound is like duchamp's mustache painted on the Joconda but without the Joconda.

:lol:
dante

Post by dante »

In my youth classical and experimental electronic music was part of my environment due to parents, father being a music teacher and mother a singer. My father played woodwind and taught me some piano, and one day bought home a small modular synthesizer from college for us to play with.

As a teenager Shoenberg and Stockhausen were studied along with Stravinsky, Debussy etc and 'Switched on Bach' was purchased and played along with all the rock records.

Today I don't buy many CD's - they would be mainly Rock, Fusion or Electro. I haven't purchased any classical or avante guard CD's for decades.

However, the pioneering electronic music movement, from my observation, has its place well established in music history and it's interesting to see how it extends into the modern day as much as it is good to see the old prog rockers such as Steve Hackett revisiting the golden era, whether re-arranging old material or writing new.

Technology has delivered us a means to create what our forefathers could not in their genres, so an opportunity to revitalise them all - and XITE can lead the charge on all genre fronts !! Let's not leave any fodder for those native beasts :lol:

Avante-glitch-rap w/ buffered Donalds coming up - :lol: :lol:
Roland Kuit

Post by Roland Kuit »

Well said Dante, nice to know some background from you too! :)