Valance

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Valance

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi folks,

New track from me. It's just something very simple with a type of sound that I wanted to get. It's basically just boomy broken beat techno and pretty minimal, but it's getting a fairly good reaction! Have a listen if you like and there's a free download too.

https://soundcloud.com/thezappa/valance ... ownload-cc

Uses: C4T, Kick me, Octamix, J9k's Helter Skelter (distortion), Masterverb Classic (for low dsp usage) and a couple of instances of softclip, a mono one for the kick and stereo one for the mix bus. Also uses Live for some sounds, midi loops and a live recording with live note shifting and stuff.

Cheers! :)
Roland Kuit

Re: Valance

Post by Roland Kuit »

Part 2, nice!!!
Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

This gets better every time I hear it !
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

This is an incredibly sophisticated track. I’m so pleased to hear something like this on Planet Z. It would sound amazing on a big venue sound system like a club or at a festival. I hope the right DJ finds it on soundcloud and plays it somewhere like that! Thanks so much for sharing!
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Brilliant stuff!
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
petal

Post by petal »

I like this a lot!

It made me think of LFO's Sheath, although this is different and more minimal.
hubird

Post by hubird »

cool! Phat! too minimal a bit to me, but that's taste.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Thanks guys.

53E7, I think quite a few DJs who play on big sound systems have downloaded it. One of they guys who left a comment on SoundCloud has a monthly show on Fnoob techno radio and says he'll try to play it. Also, The Clairvoyants who have a weekly techno show on London's Rinse FM ( 106.8 ) have 'liked' and 'reposted' it on SC. That show is one of my fav' techno shows actually. Really deep and dark underground techno, no plinky plonky commercial stuff.

I think Mehmed Bedelev (aka Gabriel), has downloaded this too. He's another guy with a pretty popular weekly techno show.