Voyant - 5 voice pressure synth chord demo

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Voyant - 5 voice pressure synth chord demo

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi folks,

Here's a little live jam type thing I recorded last night. It was made with the purpose of demonstrating the sound of a synth technique I was describing to someone (basic FM using detuned oscs & osc 2>1 cross-mod)

It uses 5 voices to play an old skool sounding house/techno chord on the simple, low-dsp BCmodular based synth I posted in devices. You're getting those 5 voices for very little dsp usage (well under 1 old sharc chip).

https://soundcloud.com/thezappa/voyant-free-download
ShogunSpy

Re: Voyant - 5 voice pressure synth chord demo

Post by ShogunSpy »

Nice this is my kind of music deep bouncing chords..simple but moving
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Thanks Paul, it wasn't really intended to be released as a track as such when I made it, but then after recording it with the live LFO and filter tweeks to get extra slidey shuffle and movement, I thought it sounded pretty good and could maybe be a useful freebie for one or two DJs, so just stuck it up on SC. :)

Been listening to your music on SC as you know and have to say, it's really superb!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi again Paul,

Here's the Pressure synth BC modular device patch saved as you heard it playing the old skool chord sound. Anyone is welcome to improve the device since it can be added to in lots of ways, but as I've said previously, the whole point of this device was to get as much *sound* as possible out of as little dsp as possible and that's why it's extremely simple.
Attachments
Pressure4.rar
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

:) thanks will try it out.
you guys in Glasgow are a force in Techno at the moment with Soma ect ! Must be a big scene there!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Well spotted, the synth device is indeed named after the Pressure club night in Glasgow run by SLAM and their legendary Soma records label. 8)

To be honest, (and this isn't said to big up Glasgow, Soma or SLAM) I actually think they're one of the biggest electronic labels in the world. The Soma label has been running for well over 20 years and they're going stronger than ever.

Another great Glasgow techno label is Sleaze, although they are a much younger label. They tend to release darker, heavier techno too.
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

I REALLY LOVE this track! Thank you for posting it. It is very generous of you to post a WAV too. Again, AWESOME track! I am going to try your device. I really like that sound so I'll definitely be using your synth.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

53E7 wrote:I REALLY LOVE this track! Thank you for posting it. It is very generous of you to post a WAV too. Again, AWESOME track! I am going to try your device. I really like that sound so I'll definitely be using your synth.
Thanks mate and no problem.

FYI guys, the chord used was - D2 A2 D3 F3 A3