Music From Le Flub de la France

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

guppy

Music From Le Flub de la France

Post by guppy »

Hello
This is a little music we have made with my band !
https://soundcloud.com/le-flub/affected-by-death

Don't hesitate to give me your advices ! :)

Beers !
kensuguro

Re: Music From Le Flub de la France

Post by kensuguro »

I like the composition. The production could do some tweaking, but I think you have a good recording. The main thing that jumps out is the volume relationship.

Overall, I think the drums and bass need to come out more. The drum sounds particularly subdued, but for some reason, the bass tom is quite loud. Stylistically, it sounds like the kick could use more click since it seems like that's the thing to do in this genre.

The bass can use way more body. You might be able to get it from a slight room reverb. Sounds like bass could use some "breathing" space.

Guitars: I'm not a guitarist, but I think the guitar sounds are clean and style appropriate. The layered tracks in the chorus I think can be brought out more to create more of a build up.

Vocals: These need to be compressed more, there's quite a lot of volume fluctuation which makes it sound like a direct from mic recording. Also, vocals are very loud compared to everything else. Which I'm guessing may be to compensate for the volume fluctuation. You'll probably be able to bring it down a few notches once you compress it.

Overall, you might be able to get a bit more clarity on the non-vocal parts with some eq. The vocals definitely have a lot more treble content so it "pops" out of the other tracks. Which to a degree is good for clarity, but I think it stands out a little too much as it stands.

Anyway, I think the recording has all you need to make a killer track. I'll also hand it over to other Planet Z members to give you genre specific comments.
hubird

Post by hubird »

good analysing. I agree.
Almost good, so to say.
congrats guppie :-).

The PsyQ could do wonders here, regarding definition.
guppy

Post by guppy »

Thank you for help and advices !
I'm going to change some things rapidly as you described it :)
I had a lot a difficulties to make it "massive", and I know i can have more dynamic, but i've used a lot of compression , i'm now searching where I can really optimize them as it's not always efficient.
I'm using some jbl 4326 monitors which are very nice but I think they deliver a bright sound and sweet tempered bass, that I must be careful with them, I don't have those monitors since a lot of time, my ears are not trained enough with them :)
The 1st part of the vocals has been recorded with an akg c4000, but all the others were recorded with an sm58, we can clearly ear the difference.
scopus

Post by scopus »

greatt track ! awesome arangment guitars n vocals, but work little on mix to make this shine, kens mentioned lots great feed to bring this to another level, 2 things i that noticed most like he said vocals could use some more compression think be good 2a,76/vinco...and that snare imo needs to change, get better sample or eq and some plate verb on it, awesome job mate keep it up :)
guppy

Post by guppy »

Thanks Scopus !
I've compressed voices and it looks more massive now :)
I've worked on the snare sound, and the place of the drum in the mix to ear it more.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

ya, the snares are quite high and should have more snap.