Family - DVD video - intro song release

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Family - DVD video - intro song release

Post by Nestor »

Hi guys :)
This is a short intro-song for a 6 DVD pack release. It is already mastered, having taken into account that it will be played most of all in TV sets, home theaters and PCs.

I cannot comment anything about it by agreement, but I have the rights on the music so I can post it without problems.

In these days I am overwhelmed with work, I don’t have time for anything left. I miss Planet Z.

Cheers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25529735/Family.mp3
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
kensuguro

Re: Family - DVD video - intro song release

Post by kensuguro »

heh, nice progression, smooth and bit of spice here and there. If I executed this tune it might have ended up being way too funky. Lots of points calling to be funk-ified. The groove is overall is just at that point where it's relaxed, but not loose, but not so tight it sounds super syncopated. (but the notation itself is syncopated in a very cohesive way) And plenty latin jazz too! I guess it's more like latin jazz drank 2 glasses of funk juice.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I ha to match the likes of the project and take my own will out of the way, but I still like it. Cheers Ken :wink:
astroman

Post by astroman »

Ken's description was spot on ...
and the bass sounds good on good Cans :D

but for the cheapo gear (mentioned above) it might be just a little too deep
even if you don't hear it, it will still try to twist membranes

cheers, Tom
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hello Tom, always glad to read you bass-brother :)

Well, I tried it extensively before the release in several sets and different kind of speakers, just in case, but fortunately it didn't give me any distortion or bad sound that I could be aware of, even in the smallest of sets, not even in a monaural set of a minuscule 14” TV. The mastering is probably in the limit in terms of bass deepness anyway, but the client was very happy with the final result of the sound. They accepted it and the copies are "already done", so there is no coming back now...