lack of scope

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

astroman

lack of scope

Post by astroman »

well, it's missing... still atm, but I hope to change it soon
captured a small track almost completely done on iPad - great for tracking multiple apps while cooperating via audiobus
it's not as sophisticated as Ken's stuff and Jimmy might complain about low fat... but anyway :D
https://soundcloud.com/anshoragg/tic-toc-toc-ext

to be a bit more precise: I'm about to replace the Alesis ioDock with either a FireFace UFX or the multichannel Apogee thing
then I can route stuff to and from Scope (hopefully) live
currently I'm trying to check out the handling of recording apps which are basically more appealing than a DAW for tracking (to me)
and it saves me a keyboard/drumpad too

cheers, Tom
hubird

Re: lack of scope

Post by hubird »

lovely, and air fresh sounding.
could easily be programmed by Clikhop fm and the like. :-)

With friends in a holyday house around new year we had a electronic jamsession, with a friend's iPad(3) music apps sending out midi to my Virus-A.
I was surprised by the possbilities and ease of use of the iPad apps.
dante

Post by dante »

Nice multiflavoured ambience. For iPad recording, I like this, although I haven't used it much :

http://tascam.com/product/portastudio/
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Kind of reminds me of small groovebox jams while being heavily intoxicated, with people playing djembes or bongos that were just lying around. Used to do that all the time in college. Sounds great!
astroman

Post by astroman »

thanks a lot guys...
in fact 3 of the tracks were played/modulated live, the basic beat and fx-percussion in Samplr
(which also has a great reverb processor that you can change on the fly without glitches)
I get along quite well with the response of the touch sensitive surface, no need for a keyboard atm

cheers, Tom

ps this is a good intro to Samplr
towards the end (min 4.05) he shows filter and reverb fx, there's also compressor and delay