updating sounds

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

updating sounds

Post by kensuguro »

spent an afternoon making updating my sound palette.. and a bit of a stylistic review. My electro grammar in particular. I still won't call it completely emmersed in the most modern of electro styles, but whatever, implemented some new sounds here and there. So sad I had to pull the plug at this point.. don't think I can find time to finish this one off. A fairly full first verse tho.

all patches made from scratch on sylenth1. (nice claps eh?)
I went on the direction of building slightly broken sounding patches. Lots of ultra high rate pitch lfo and amplitude lfo to create a distorted sort of sound, or static-ish sound. Kept everything sounding very dry to keep the groove very clear and precise. And a good load of laser sounds. It's nice to sit with 1 synth and tweak the hell out of it 'till you get enough sounds for a whole tune.

Some things I found out about sylenth1.. 1. It sounds really good. I don't know why. It has this forceful sound that's very asserting.. not the presets... just its bare oscillator pumps out so much energy, I'm not even sure what's going on inside. But anyway I'll put away my rave pants and light sticks. Rave's are so 90's anyway.

I couldn't find PWM. I was like "really?" Since it has waveforms of square n different pulsewidth positions.. but I guess it's some sort of static wavetable so i can't modulate it. Also on LFOs, you can't set the start phase, or select between retrigger on note on or not. These two were sort of heartbreaking for me, considering it's such a solid sounding synth. Maybe it's time to check out Zebra.

[edit]
added a bit of work to this since I go an extra hour or so to work on it.
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Neutron

Re: updating sounds

Post by Neutron »

nice one. saved for future reference!