Echoes of tempos (fat insert demo)

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Echoes of tempos (fat insert demo)

Post by spacef »

Echoes to Tempo
by Olivier Bres & Mehdi Touzani

Home mastered using the multiple FAT pass technics discussed in this thread, sometimes called "re-Fat" or "Nebula effect" (as you will discover by reading that thread ! héhé ;-) ) ....
The stereo mix above has been finished like this, in a home mastering perspective:
- 1st pass: Mixed in studio one/Xite and recorded as a stereo 24bit file with (Peq4+FAT insert) on the master.
- 2nd pass: on this first stereo mix, VST(Eq-Limiter+(Multiband)) + Xite(FAT insert), recorded as 24bits stereo wave file
((Multiband)) can be on a third pass, if you want it after the 2nd Fat.

and as a FAT demo video, showing the 3rd pass, that should be reserved to listeners who listen music/vids onxite with Fat.
http://www.spacef-devices.com/VIDEOS/Fa ... Demo2.html
THE SOUND OF THE VIDEO IS MP3, so the effect is not very apparent when too subtle.
- shows Fats used on a stereo mix where Fat was already used, so it is used as a 3rd pass here. (that is to say, after the above process).
- not exactly the same as boosting volumes. some sounds are more detailled.
- playing with the "reset" to show vu variation (margin display)
- on a side note, Fat is great to improve movie dialogs, in movies where dialogs are undermixed (or because the actors have bad diction :-) ).
Fat Insert: demos available by mailing at Sonic Core support
Sales proceed go to Sonic Core exclusively at the present time ;-)
Last edited by spacef on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Re: Echoes of tempos (fat insert demo)

Post by dawman »

I enjoyed that, thanks SpaceF.
I accidentally discovered the "Nebula" effect as I call it a ways back when I recorded out to Reaper, then played back the FAT Track through the plug in again. It had that cummulative effect the Nebula users watch their CPUs get crushed by using.
Am I still current by having the FAT-II S...?
If there's something newer I would like to get it.

Ankyu
spacef

Post by spacef »

Yes, me too actually, I tend to "re-fat" an already fattened mix, most of the time. It is even possible that the above demo is Fat over a mix fattened twice.
The only thing, to achieve that well,is to not put 2 or more Fats in a row. The result is much better when you record to wave and apply you vst effects (eqs, limiters, multibands etc), and then you re-apply the Fat.
There haven't been any new Fat device recently. I have not done better than what we already have.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

song updated with re-Fat version.
feedback always welcome (mix, compo...)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

there on my to buy list..next. I hope to be fat soon!!!
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

They aren't on my buy list anymore... I just ordered them :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I actually had the FAT BASTARD FB5 Mixer from SpaceF where every channel had FATs.
I then put them on my AUXs and got a really pasty Reverb using this technique and SpaceF's awesome bleed over from AUX 1 to 2 to 3, etc.
You'd have to see the mixer to understand, but his mixers all have that bleedover.
It's actually that Siberian Chef style of feedback.
SpaceF has a great Delay called AUX Delay. You can put a Multi FX instance w/ Neutrons Feedback, a FAT-II S and the SSB Phaser in it's effect slot and crank up the Feedback on SpaceF's AUX Delay, and get eefects never heard before. Using the Neutron Feedback with a setting to filter out freq's below 260-300 Hz you get that old gritty Echoplex trail off.

Excuse Me, I get carried when talking about SpaceF effects, Mixers and FIlters.

SpaceF.......Man Or Myth.
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

Sound example please dawman....