My piece

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

peksi

My piece

Post by peksi »

Hi all,

This is my first finished piece for a long time using XITE, Cubase and a pile of other stuff. The piece is built on one melody I had ringing in my head for a long time and which has some sentimental value to me. I tried to make the song emphasize that sentiment by using what tricks I can to amplify the feeling in my song.

I did not have patience to make it longer but let this be prelude. Maybe that's why it is called Prelude Alpha.

https://soundcloud.com/pekkakuronen/prelude-alpha
kensuguro

Re: My piece

Post by kensuguro »

no brass? Tune literally screams for horns. Maybe a bit more vertical movement at some point in the strings would be nice.
peksi

Post by peksi »

kensuguro wrote:no brass? Tune literally screams for horns. Maybe a bit more vertical movement at some point in the strings would be nice.
I had brass at first but dropped it :) The brass had some harmonic etc issues that made it sound really odd with other instruments.

You mean moving pan from left to right etc with the strings?
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

oh, sorry, not spatial, vertical movement as in pitch.
peksi

Post by peksi »

How right you are in that sir. It really needs some of that.
peksi

Post by peksi »

Next tune ringing in my head starts with horn. I hope it will not dissappear until I get a change to write it down.