Kraftzwerg Trance

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Chisel

Kraftzwerg Trance

Post by Chisel »

Well, after all these years, I finally bought myself a real analog synthesizer. The first time I felt the urge to go modular, I ended up buying the Pulsar II and using Modular II/III - which I still use as my main audio interface. This time, I bought the MFB Kraftzwerg semi-modular analog monophonic synthesizer. It's like having a modular synth in a tiny desktop case - 3 VCOs, 2 LFOs, 2 EGs, 1 VCF, 1 VCA, and MIDI/CV. They call it semi-modular because it is internally wired, but with 37 patch points, it really is a true modular synth. There is no difference between the desktop and the individual modules. In fact, the one I bought came with a face plate to mount it in a Eurorack. Anyway, after a few weeks of noodling, I finally sat down and wrote a real song. It's my typical trance style. A bit of a challenge with an analog monophonic synth, but I like the way it came out. All sounds are from the Kraftzwerg. Of course, I used my trusty Pulsar II for the audio interface - as always! Hope you enjoy it.

Kraftzwerg Trance

Peace \/
chisel316
dawman

Re: Kraftzwerg Trance

Post by dawman »

That's juicy Brotha' Man.
That little synth reminds me of the SE-1X, not so much because of the tones, but the powerful sound that 3 VCO's with a good Filter can do.

I don't yet know how to overdub MIDI from my SE-1X, but thanks to your great little work there, I have got to give it a try.
Just record the MIDI notes first, then tweak the overdubs...?
I'm just guessing, but it sounds like fun.
How many takes...??
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

Thanks. I created a patch, then recorded the MIDI notes, then bounced it to an audio clip in Live. I had to think ahead regarding filter sweeps and stuff because once I moved on to a new patch, there was no going back. So, I would play back the MIDI part and turn the knobs in realtime to make the sweeps. Once I was satisfied with the part, I'd move on to the next patch. It was a problem keeping the oscillators in tune. In fact, I had to use Live's transpose to do some final tweaking and it still sounds out of tune to me! I recorded the noise fillter sweeps in one take as the final track. The MIDI/CV converter isn't the best, so I had to reset the box a few times during the process when it would lock up. Even with all these issues, I still love the hell out of this little box! The intro sound is a patch that I came up with. I have other cool evolving sounds, but I haven't posted any yet. That SE-1X sounds cool. You should definitely make a song with it!

Peace \/
chisel316
dawman

Post by dawman »

I make about 30 songs a night with it, by the time I get home I am so tired I come here to see if someone else can inspire me..... :lol: