Dub Be Good To Me ("electro-groove" remix)

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

tsol

Dub Be Good To Me ("electro-groove" remix)

Post by tsol »

have been working on this remix for some time,

original vocals are by Lindy Layton (Beats International)

check it out
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

is that a major 7th on the second chord in the loop? (the IV chord) Clashes with the vocals I think. no wait, sometimes it's more minor 7th.. sounds mixed up a bit.. Overall sound's cool.
tsol

Post by tsol »

kensuguro wrote:is that a major 7th on the second chord in the loop? (the IV chord)
hmm i don't know.. :-?
kensuguro wrote: Clashes with the vocals I think. no wait, sometimes it's more minor 7th..
hummm... :roll:
kensuguro wrote: sounds mixed up a bit.. Overall sound's cool.
uhh well, i know i could work on it longer and make it a bit more varied.. but.. duhh heh :wink:
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Dub be good to me is one of my all time favourite tracks.

Love what you've done here - really good.
summer

Post by summer »

this sounds really damn pro
BeachDrifter

Post by BeachDrifter »

I've got to agree with ken mate, there's just the odd note every now and then that just isn't quite right. The production is excellent and sounds sweet on my headphones. Good clarity all round. These things are always 'work in progress' so I'm sure you'll go back to the mix and remove those slight nuances and you'll have a lovely tune on your hands. These old samples are difficult to apporach cos they've been heard a thousand times but I reckon your bravery has paid off and you've have done it a good service. Some of the elements later on in tune are bloody lovely.
tsol

Post by tsol »

well, hmm.. thanks all for your comments. I'll try to take a look into the detuned note and if im inspired enough i will make changes some day.. 8)