christmas is coming!

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Re: christmas is coming!

Post by yayajohn »

hi Roy; haha no that wasn't a pitch for a video or a manual, I was thinking if i could get them up and running without knowing anything then it will just be a matter of spending some time to gain some mastery over them. I know these took a lot of time and effort and you should rest and enjoy the holidays. Thanks for all that you do.

Dan
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

No problem, done.
Please see start post, i hope this will clarify some things!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Thank you Roy, very useful :)
scary808

Post by scary808 »

Thanks Roy, way to push the Scope sequencer envelope!
pastor

Post by pastor »

This is great! Just tried it out a little today, sound is awesome, interface is inspiring, DSP load is lower than expected! :D
For reference, I can load a 1 Voice instance of the full stepsync on a Luna card, or racksynth1 plus clock and sequencers with approx 30% of the resources left.

Thanks again for these great devices :)
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

big thanks, fantastic! love it!!
wait for modul to manipulate steps ><; <>; >~> ... ;)
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

yes, I want that too.
I have the idea of a kind of 'Uber-SeqClk', which could control all the things you mentioned.
Let's see..
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

fantastic idea, look and work!
outside device-modules for better midi-timing and more separate ctl-allocation because on ch1-16...
> system I/O compatible with bc modular sync/async...pipe and/or convert to midiout for ext?
gizzmo is lost and the real sb404 grandchild comes home,
hoch lebe roy!
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Just out of interest.

The sequencer works perfectly on Xite.

What is it you did/do when making these devices so that the sequencers work fine on Xite?
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

it's not using nifty async dsp modules but primitive sync ones instead.
if that wouldn't work in xite I think you could throw it away :P
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

hallo roy,
i love your SeqDevices, REALLY!
what you think about "CTLR to Midi" converter?
see brainstorm pic
... and pleace add too
> "Rack/SyncStep Synth" with second Hp-filter, serial (ctrl-Param. identical to Lp)
> hardware connection
>> all SeqDevices with MIDI Ctrl Assignment >> hardware controller
>>> "visuals Clk on" with MIDI Ctrl Assignment (0/127) >> hardware (Buttons) Lightline
that would be really cool!!
lg
ron
Attachments
wishlist
wishlist
2018_02_18-SequencerDevicesCwm-CTLR_to_MIDI-wishlist.PNG (430.5 KiB) Viewed 8070 times
BUG?
BUG?
2018_02_18-SyncStep-SourceHandling-BUG.PNG (120.44 KiB) Viewed 8070 times
for example, what I mean sb404&lt;&gt;bcr2000x2
for example, what I mean sb404<>bcr2000x2
2014_04_28d-BCD2012XITEsb404-16.PNG (45.67 KiB) Viewed 8070 times
Yogimeister

Post by Yogimeister »

+1 :)
Spielraum

Re: CWM SeqTools (christmas is coming!)

Post by Spielraum »

** Visualizer - ghost button on the right cheek opens PresetList!?!
** add polymode for successful chord editing, define the voiceboards which should be editable, or link them to the destination
2019_12_07b-CWM-SeqTools-Tips+Tricks.PNG
2019_12_07b-CWM-SeqTools-Tips+Tricks.PNG (95.71 KiB) Viewed 4962 times
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

Spielraum wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:18 am Visualizer - ghost button on the right cheek opens PresetList!?!
Ah, you've noticed! Please forgive me.
Spielraum wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:12 am what you think about "CTLR to Midi" converter
I don't have Mehdi's devices...
...but I'm sure you cannot convert Sync signals to Async signals without being totally out of sync. (long live Sync :P )
spacef

Post by spacef »

I don't do sync to midi notes.... if that's what people are talking about in this thread.
it works a few minutes and goes wild after a while and is not useable for me. Worf's step sequencer reacts like this, and even Creamware's Noah's step sequencer (which can send out midi notes) can be erratic after a while. Or even the stock arpegiator (back in the days, it could crash my scope system under win XP) . All these are perfectly useable , but not for a very long time (as said, after a while, it goes wild), and they must be used "reasonably" (not process a ton of information at the same time).

That's why a device like KrOn (or K16 oir LBH or any of my sequencers) does *not* include CV to *Midi note*. KrOn is full sync and it is precise as hell and can run in sync for hours without re-triggering.

Gating is also very precise (triggering external hardware) but that's because it uses CV (or audio for an MS20 signal follower) , not midi, not software. I've been using it with analog synth and it wortks just as fine as it would with a scope synth. But there is no midi involved :-)

Converting midi Control Changes, After Touch etc into CV/sync signal works very fine too. These are all continuous, slow signals. They are perfectly manageable in scope, and addinga lag time to smooth out the midi CC works quite nicely.

It's just that I don't think that Scope is so great for midi. For example, too many midi Control Change at the same time can cause graphic lags, and can be annoying. Using a few of them is generally ok though. I beleive that's because the conversion has to go to Windows before coming back into scope, just like the graphics. so it is slow and will not be great to work "at compressor's speed and precision". There is a bottleneck. But it is enough for manual control for a few CCs and can be helpful.

I will soon release a mini device for KrOn users, that allows to convert CV/sync to Midi CC , to be sent to your VSTi parameters that can be controlled by midi. It is super fast and it *cannot* go out of sync BUT it can be less precise than sync of course.

Now, you could record KrOn output as audio in a DAW , and use this audio to trigger stuff that can be triggered that way, without the need to go back into scope. Like that, it would be 100% windows/native, and it would be as precise as native stuff allow.
Or you could use it to feed an "audio to Gate" module in Scope, and it would be very precise too (because it is not midi).

There is actually a great device that almost everyone has and that is dedicated to midi notes and can also take care of midi CCs: it is the piano roll of your DAW :-) Why attenmpting reinventing a wheel that would work less good than what we already all have ?

Sorry for the long blurb and possibility of being off topic, just wanted to make things clear about what i do and don't do.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

spacef wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:04 am ...
Sorry for the long blurb and possibility of being off topic, just wanted to make things clear about what i do and don't do.
roy thinnes wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:06 am ...
...but I'm sure you cannot convert Sync signals to Async signals without being totally out of sync. (long live Sync :P )
ich Jäger und Sammler, du Jane!
I have copied the current very interesting data into my block
http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=36169#p342421

that should help with constant searching and not finding
:lol: