Initial release of UM-1280

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

t_tangent

Re: Initial release of UM-1280

Post by t_tangent »

Thank you Kyro for this superb device, and look forward to the final release :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Excellent ! And welcome !
The device sounds surprisingly... What are the 4 knobs "1&2 - 3&4 ..." on the downside ?

I'm impatient to test the other algorithms..! :D
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Kyro wrote:A small misunderstanding on my side Sounddesigner - the plugin DOES support 96 kHz!

It's the Echo program I’m currently working on which I’m trying to get to support 48 kHz and 96kHz as well.

So you can go ahead and use the plugin at 96 kHz :D

Again – sorry for the misunderstanding.
Cool! Will definitely check out this test version tomorrow!
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

JoPo wrote:Excellent ! And welcome !
The device sounds surprisingly... What are the 4 knobs "1&2 - 3&4 ..." on the downside ?

I'm impatient to test the other algorithms..! :D
Thanks! :D

The delay processor has one input, but it has many outputs (taps). Eight of these taps are called Audition Delay Taps. The blue knobs adjust the Audition Delay tap mix. The eight taps which are arranged in pairs (1&2, 3&4, 5&6, and 7&8), are mixed - each pair has its own mix level control. Odd number taps are sent to the left output and even number taps are sent to the right output.

Hope that answers your question :)
Kyro

Research and Analysis Engineer
Relab Development ApS

Relab Website - Relab Facebook - Relab Twitter
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

Happy Thursday! :D

Here is a new and updated version of the UM-1280.
Some of the new things:
* Implementation of the SST Echo program
* 44,1/48/96 kHz support
* The original hardware doesn’t scale values when choosing 96kHz so it sounds way different compared to other samplerates. However, this plugin supports 96kHz operation perfectly!

DOWNLOAD: http://download.relab.dk/UM-1280/UM-1280.zip

IMPORTANT: This version is a pre-release and NOT the final version.

Once again - I hope you will enjoy it and I’ll appreciate any comments, questions, or feedback that you might have.

Best regards,

Kyro
Last edited by Kyro on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyro

Relab Development ApS

ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I am really liking this reverb/delay. I only have one criticism and it has nothing to do with the sound, which is phenomenal. I would like the interface to be more compact. Less screen real estate. Sort of like this?
Attachments
UM-1280.jpg
UM-1280.jpg (137.52 KiB) Viewed 12968 times
Last edited by ronnie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

This Ursa Major Space Station 1280 plugin is the REAL-DEAL! Sounds lovely and VERY impressive! This is definitely another next-generation SCOPE effect! The dNa's Optimus Prime is pretty special and next-gen as well. I can't wait for the final version of this UM-1280 Reverb/Echo. I hope this is not the only plugin Relab Development will create for SCOPE cause I'm already hungry for more since I know they'll be top-notch . This UM-1280 is definitely high-class!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

My initial test were at 44khz and they were fine, but at 96khz there seems to be some problem wich cuts off communication from my DAW with Audio Playback Device/Drivers.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

Sounddesigner wrote:My initial test were at 44khz and they were fine, but at 96khz there seems to be some problem wich cuts off communication from my DAW with Audio Playback Device/Drivers.
Thanks for your feedback Sounddesigner. I'm working on it and will hopefully have a solution Monday.

Have a nice weekend everybody! 8)
Kyro

Relab Development ApS

Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Great! Looking forward to the 96khz fix. Thanks!
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

Here is an update for the UM-1280 Echo and Echo+:

* Various bug fixes, including 44.1/48/96 kHz support bug fix

DOWNLOAD: http://download.relab.dk/UM-1280/UM-1280.zip

Best regards
Last edited by Kyro on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyro

Relab Development ApS

Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Kyro wrote:Here is an update for the UM-1280 Echo and Echo+:

* Various bug fixes, including 44.1/48/96 kHz support bug fix

DOWNLOAD: http://relab.dk/scope/UM-1280.zip

Best regards

Definitely good news! Can't wait to try this fix this Thursday! Any time frame on when the Final version might be released?
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I've tried this plugin today and got mixed results at 96khz far as compatibility goes. When I launch it in my 16/32 Mixer on a Asio channel that has my DAW it won't work and I get dsp error messages. When I launch it in the same Mixer on a SCOPE synth plugin channel it works fine. In both situations however the UM-1280's GUI will not appear visually on my screen so there's no way to edit the parameter controls, this missing GUI is for both Native and SCOPE channels. On the channel that has the SCOPE synth I can hear the UM-1280 reverb but cannot edit its parameter controls cause there is no GUI.

I CAN use this UM-1280 plugin on both Native-DAW and SCOPE channels when I launch the UM-1280 plugin in the Live-Bar and then route those Mixer channels to it. So far as audible processing goes it works for both Native and SCOPE when launched in the Live-Bar. BUT the GUI isn't always present when launched from Live-Bar . Sometimes the GUI pops up on my screen when launched from Live-Bar but sometimes it doesn't and I have no way of tweaking parameter controls when it doesn't.

When I do have it working the sound of it is VERY lovely and just what the doctor ordered. This is a dream plugin for me and I am feening for it. High caliber for sure!
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

Hello Sounddesigner.

We've tried to reproduce the error without "luck".
We tried to follow your steps but can't seem to get the same error- if possible, can you elaborate/show screen shots so we can solve the issue.

And once again - thank you for your feedback!
Kyro

Relab Development ApS

Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I'll test it again tomorrow, maybe my problem is my computer-hardware or O/S. Otherwise it is strange it works for you and not me. I'll definitely further investigate.

Can someone else who owns XITE-1 as well try this plugin out at 96khz inside the 1632 Mixer insert on a Asio channel that has your Native DAW? See if you get the same problems as me. I'd like to know if my problems are unique or more common.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Sounddesigner, the gui front panel shows up in the bottom right side of the screen, only just a tiny part of it shows so you need to drag it up to see it fully. If you only have 1 monitor, perhaps the panel is being hidden by the bottom taskbar, or perhaps another Scope panel is in the way, such as the main Scope settings window or the Live-Bar. In my case it was hidden by the Scope Mixer gui in my default project. Hopefully Kyro can fix that for next update :)

Not tried at 96k yet so cant help there at the moment, but will try to remember to do that test when I am in studio next time.

Cheers
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Really sounds awesome. The GUI is too large for my taste as I suggested. Also would be nice just to click on the LEDs to select stuff. I like rotary knobs for continuous controllers, hate them for selections.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

t-tangent: I will definitely look into replacement of the GUI in the next update.

ronnie: I'm glad you think it sounds awesome :) Regarding the design of the device - I'm actually working on removing the selection knobs (program knob and pattern knob) so you just have to click the LEDs. Furthermore, I have considered a more compact design since the first time you wrote that you preferred a smaller and more compact design (and posted a great illustration :) ). The current design is made with the same proportions as the original device (just so you know why it is designed as it is).

Once again - I really appreciate your feedback! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Kyro

Relab Development ApS

ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Cool. :D. I didn't know the original box. In any case keep up the great work!!!
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Kyro, a small request: as you replace the program/pattern buttons, please be sure it is still two midi cc needed to control these functions, and not 5 + 16 individual CCs :) Thanks!

Also, any interest in a modular version of this, with control inputs for parameters? Not a high priority, just for pure fun!