Initial release of UM-1280

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Kyro

Initial release of UM-1280

Post by Kyro »

Hey guys,

First a small introduction; I am the new Research and Analysis Engineer at Relab Development and I will be developing algorithms.

I’m proud to announce a test version of the high-end reverb and effects unit Ursa Major Space Station SST-206 on the SCOPE platform.

Ursa Major Space Station SST-206 is a re-creation of the classic Space Station SST-282. The SST-282 is a unique reverb algorithm from the late 1970s and was a multitap delay based echo, ambience, and reverb device. The re-creation, SST-206, features all the original Space Station algorithms, and furthermore adds two improved versions of the original programs and a new Room algorithm, which is completely different from the other Space Station programs.

This test version only includes one of the five featured programs (the SST Echo+ program). The remaining four reverb and effect programs known from the SST-206 (SST Echo, SST Reverb, SST Reverb+, and Room) will of course be developed and will be available in the future.

DOWNLOAD: http://download.relab.dk/UM-1280/UM-1280.zip

IMPORTANT: This version is a pre-release and NOT the final version.

I hope you will enjoy it and you will definitely hear more from me in the future. I’ll appreciate any comments or feedback that you might have.

Best regards,
Kyro
Last edited by Kyro on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kyro

Research and Analysis Engineer
Relab Development ApS

Relab Website - Relab Facebook - Relab Twitter
wouterz

Re: Initial release of UM-1280

Post by wouterz »

Great to see a new developer for the Scope platform. I will follow the progress of this device closely :)
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

sensational
Look forward to your work :o
maus
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

wow! out of nowhere :D thanks and welcome to scope :))
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Welcome aboard! Looking foward to the final version (and more I hope) :D
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Wow. Looking forward! Looks like the link has issues?
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

Thanks guys for your positive responses :)

Regarding the link issues - it's fine here at my end. I have tried a couple of different computers - all worked fine.
Have anyone else experienced same problem? Please let me know :)
Kyro

Relab Development ApS

dawman

Post by dawman »

This is most welcome.
The original 12 tap was an incredible hardware unit.

Thanks
garyb

Post by garyb »

woohoo!
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is really sweet.
Especially love the way you used the Seven Woods layout from the Digital remake era.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Welcome Relab! Pretty awesome indeed.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Link works now. :)
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
dawman

Post by dawman »

I do have one suggestion......

HURRY UP.

I'd be happy to pay in advance as a token of appreciation.
Folks know me here.
Don't bull shit about money.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

WOW! This is a well needed surprise since this platform is now lacking in the reverb department (only Celmo's spring reverb is only high-quality offering IMHO). This new Ursa Major Space Station is well needed and coming from Relab Development I'm sure the quality will be high so I'm sure it will be a instant buy from me.

Truly a great way to introduce yourself Kyro is with a new plugin offering, you'll definitely get attention :lol: . I know Warp69 is a part of Relab Development so I am surprised he is not here for this beta release commenting. I miss his input here on Planetz and always hoped Relab would design some plugins for SCOPE dsp. I have monies in my wallet that have had Relab's name written on them for a long long time now, sadly Warp69 stopped coming around to talk on this forum so I thought the dream might be dead. So glad I was wrong!

I do have one question, will this new Ursa Major Space Station plugin run on XITE-1 @ 96khz Project samplerate?

EDITED
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

Good morning!
I appreciate all your comments and I’m delighted that you’re excited about the device.

Glad you got the link to work Ronnie :)

Regarding your question Sounddesigner, at the moment the plugin is running on XITE-1 at 44,1 kHz sample rate. I’m currently working on the 48 kHz and 96 kHz sample rates, as well as the Echo program. However, that being said, I’m only testing on XITE-1 and I have no idea if the plugin is working on the PCI cards.

Have a great day!
Kyro

Relab Development ApS

ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Works like a champ on 5.1 PCI. 44Khz. Minimal DSP load. :) Sounds very rich and full bodied but not heavy drippy. Love it. Should mix very nicely. Very useful as it is; can't wait for more flavas. As some :wink: might say, this dog hunts. :D
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Kyro wrote:Good morning!
I appreciate all your comments and I’m delighted that you’re excited about the device.

Glad you got the link to work Ronnie :)

Regarding your question Sounddesigner, at the moment the plugin is running on XITE-1 at 44,1 kHz sample rate. I’m currently working on the 48 kHz and 96 kHz sample rates, as well as the Echo program. However, that being said, I’m only testing on XITE-1 and I have no idea if the plugin is working on the PCI cards.

Have a great day!

Glad to hear that 96khz capability is coming for this plugin since that is my preferred Project samplerate! Great to see my demographic is not forgotten about. Good luck! I can't wait for the full version of this plugin that's for release!
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

I absolutely want this reverb. I'll be watching for your final release, and will purchase.
dawman

Post by dawman »

In my experience with DSP Reverbs they get a better sound quality when delays are added.
This might not be realitic in the recreation of real spaces, but it sure sounds good.
Using Celmos old plug in Echo Req 2 revealed this but its Delay amount and rate had no controls.

I usually would just place a delay pre reverb.
Now I use hardware.

Would love to have a DSP Reverb like the Ursa Spacestation SST.
A long time waiting.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

A small misunderstanding on my side Sounddesigner - the plugin DOES support 96 kHz!

It's the Echo program I’m currently working on which I’m trying to get to support 48 kHz and 96kHz as well.

So you can go ahead and use the plugin at 96 kHz :D

Again – sorry for the misunderstanding.
Kyro

Relab Development ApS