Initial release of UM-1280

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

Re: Initial release of UM-1280

Post by Sounddesigner »

t_tangent wrote:Sounddesigner, the gui front panel shows up in the bottom right side of the screen, only just a tiny part of it shows so you need to drag it up to see it fully. If you only have 1 monitor, perhaps the panel is being hidden by the bottom taskbar, or perhaps another Scope panel is in the way, such as the main Scope settings window or the Live-Bar. In my case it was hidden by the Scope Mixer gui in my default project. Hopefully Kyro can fix that for next update :)

Not tried at 96k yet so cant help there at the moment, but will try to remember to do that test when I am in studio next time.

Cheers
lol.. You are correct! The GUI is too far at the bottom right-side of my screen. I cannot see or access the GUI generally without moving my taskbar to a different location. It's so far down that Taskbar covers it on my system. Thanks for the help! Hopefully Kyro will correct this in a future update.

@Kyro, I am having better luck with using the UM-1280 plugin today wich is great. It's mysteriously working better today for some reason. I can now use it at 96khz in my 1632 Mixer on a channel that has Asio/DAW in it and get audible processing now. I still get occasional error messages such as the dreaded "A capacity limit of your dsp cards have been reached" in SCOPE or the one in my DAW telling me "Unable to open Audio Playback device" but once I click 'yes' and 'ok' respectively the messages go away and the plugin starts to work just fine. So I still occasionally get error messages at 96khz but the plugin works now, even when those messages occur. I don't know why it's mysteriously working better today than before but I'm happy to see it working now. Sometimes computers do strange and inconsistant things I guess.
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

Is this device still available anywhere? The links in this thread no longer work.

Thanks!

Sam
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

dehuszar wrote:Is this device still available anywhere? The links in this thread no longer work.

Thanks!

Sam
Here is an updated download link for the UM-1280 Echo and Echo+:

DOWNLOAD: http://download.relab.dk/UM-1280/UM-1280.zip

I’ll appreciate any comments or feedback that you might have.
Kyro

Research and Analysis Engineer
Relab Development ApS

Relab Website - Relab Facebook - Relab Twitter
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

Will do, thanks!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I swear that is ridiculously close to the Ursa Major Spacestation 3U, 12 tapper I got to play.
I would love to help with and Research & Development efforts.
Things are alive again in Scope world.
Want to make sure developers are appreciated.
Tell Warp69 I'll buy the hardware when you're through,.....

Ankyu
Gatam

Post by Gatam »

Just tried this plug

Any news ?
would like to ear Reverb, Reverb+ and Room program

and buy it :-)

thanks a lot
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Gatam wrote:Just tried this plug

Any news ?
would like to ear Reverb, Reverb+ and Room program

and buy it :-)

thanks a lot
I've been sorefully waiting for this myself and would love some more info on it. I can tell from the beta-demo it is a very special plugin and thus I can't wait for its release. Must-have and instant buy for me I'm sure.

PS. I know Relab just released a Native reverb VSR S24 wich sounded pretty amazing to me and that might have them really bussy right now; plus another release coming soon for Native so they look like a very active and bussy company right now. Hopefully they still have some crumbs for our beloved SCOPE :) ..
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Their 480L emu gets high praise from Film Composer guys.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

dawman wrote:Their 480L emu gets high praise from Film Composer guys.
Yea, I actually heard a comparison with Relab's LX 480 to the hardware it was emulating and to my ears it was VERY close. It actually is the closest reverb emulation to its hardware counterpart I ever heard ITB. UAD has a few digital reverb ports that do some emulating but also are actual port of original code from hardware but even tho they were actually ported they did not sound identical to the hardware in the comparisons I heard. The uad plugins still had plugin-flaws and definitely sounded inferior to my ears. I think Warp69's/Relab's 480 was closest to hardware original out of all I've heard (UAD, Waves, Eventide, etc).

Warp69 is at the top of the mountain right now with regards to reverbs. I don't use ilok so I can't buy any of his Native offerings, I'm just glad he remembered SCOPE :) . I use Pure-Native and SCOPE only and far as Pure-Native goes I like Acon Digital's Verberate for clean and natural. But overall with regards to traditional rooms, halls, plates, etc and vintage, clean, etc Relab are kings at reverbs now; and that's opinion based on what I heard on many platforms. For weird Spring reverbs I still love and prefer Celmo's SCOPE plugin but reverbs in general Relab specialize in that, it's all they do and right now they are the best at that ITB IMO.

EDITED
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Wow - only just found this. The Ursa Major Space Station is absolutely my favourite-sounding reverb. Came from a time when they were deciding how to do a digital reverb - and to keep costs down, they made alot of decisions - decisions that no one would take today. So it really is unique. I only have a few impulse responses of the Space Station SST (I nearly typed ISS!)... this is just a great development!

Thank you. All the best!
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
astroman

Post by astroman »

better late than never - this completely slipped under my radar
... and just blew me away :o :D
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Yeah, it would be great if they could finish the scope version, but it's a worthwhile device even in its present state :)
valis

Post by valis »

Thank you for updating the download link Kyro, please consider the level of interest expressed here. While our community may not give the same sales metrics as a native/vst/au option, there is enough interest here that I hope you guys consider offering some final form of this even if it's not what was originally planned.
scary808

Post by scary808 »

Bump :)
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

not sure a bump is gonna help here ;)
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Planned timely release with Scope 7.1. :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

COVID-19 has really screwed up programmers.
They must work privately now, adding years to a Delay device.