SAL / Fra77x modules

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mr Arkadin

Re: SAL / Fra77x modules

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Is it correct behaviour that the device panels do not open on double-click? I can open by right-click but I prefer double-click.
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Fixed

also the dsp file "async switch 3-1" is included for the ADSR
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Wow - uber-quick response.

Cheers. :D
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

fra77x wrote:Modules included:

AB mix compare
ADSR
FMChaos
Lowpass Resonant 48dB
MDS-8 Channel changer
MDS-8 Drum map
mix VDAT helper tool
Glitch Fx
VU meter
Hi !

I have a question, not only for these devices/modules:

Where do they go in SCOPE ?
Which go to modular modules folder, which to plugins folder and which to devices folder ?

Up to now, I organized subfolders named by creator like "SAL/Fra77x", "HPM" etc. inside the plugins folder, but when I want to use freebies as insert FX and go to the STM mixer´s insert slot pulldown menue, all my free devices don´t appear,- only S|C stock devices and Zarg RD modules (which are in the stock FX folder).
And, how to recognize which works as inserts and which not BEFORE draging ´em into any folders ?

thx

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
dawman

Post by dawman »

You can avoid that right click stuff by using the top menu on the project window, and then drag from the drop down into the insert slot.
Hope that helps, I always do things that way with inserts since some times the right click method won't show the GUI on a project recall. The dragging seems to work 100% for me since I use lots of 3rd party stuff.

Ankyu
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote:You can avoid that right click stuff by using the top menu on the project window, and then drag from the drop down into the insert slot.
Hope that helps, I always do things that way with inserts since some times the right click method won't show the GUI on a project recall. The dragging seems to work 100% for me since I use lots of 3rd party stuff.

Ankyu
Hi Jimmy !
Excellent trick, thank you very much.
I had no clue about dragging from top menue into inserts.

B.t.w.,- when you tried Fra77x Masterverb X using XITE´s RAM,- did you also try w/ DJmicron´s DSP optimized Aux-Rack ?
Did it work inserted in Aux-Rack ?
I´ll install many devices tonite,- just only collected many until I have time, so I did no tests.

best

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

Don't use DSP reverb much, still prefer the PCM70.
I'm strictly a B2003 / Modular IV guy.
The Leslie Studio 12 w/ a Modular IV Ring Mod Patch and B2003
is really a great sounding instrument.
The B2003 is too Thomas-y/Wersi/Conn sounding clean, but I get
great drawbar swells w/ CC2x2's, and when it's dirty from real hardware
I get damn close to Uriah Heep/Boston/John Lord.

Frax77's Reverb works great though and really blends well with the
Soniccore 5.1 Room.

imagen
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote:Don't use DSP reverb much, still prefer the PCM70.
:)

Never owned one but I sold my LXP-1/LXP5/MRC combo many years ago and sometimes regret I did.
In fact I did because I hate walwart PSUs,- there are alway too many of these and also today.

Still have my trusty Yamaha REV-7 which has a special sound as also I couldn´t ditch my Digitech Studio 400 up to now.
dawman wrote: I'm strictly a B2003 / Modular IV guy.
The Leslie Studio 12 w/ a Modular IV Ring Mod Patch and B2003
is really a great sounding instrument.
The B2003 is too Thomas-y/Wersi/Conn sounding clean, but I get
great drawbar swells w/ CC2x2's, and when it's dirty from real hardware
I get damn close to Uriah Heep/Boston/John Lord.
Yes, the B2003 is cheesy compared to the leading organ clones today.
Even my tweaked KB3 patches in the Kurz 361 beat the 2003.
Nonetheless it´s great to have B2003 for experimentation inside SCOPE environment and not always the best sound is an authentic one but the personal result coming from creativity of the user.
I got good and usable sounds from B2003 too.

That small Leslie looks tempting but is a heavy beast even being relatively compact.
How´s the overdrive sounding ?

I thought about buying the CPS SpaceStation v3 which was just introduced, now w/ higher wattage and tri-amp technology in a extremely small form factor,- and add. full range output usable to drive a sub too.
It must be extremely good for digital leslie sims but also for stereo-keyboards and using only 1 cab plus sub.
Internally it´s 8" Eminence coax ( midrange horndriver behind the cone) and a HF tweeter as front speakers, a fullrange 6.5" Eminence as a side speaker (phase inverted),- 100W to woofer, 100W to side speaker, 40W to midrange horn and 40W to tweeter,- all AES ratings.
It shall make a constant 300° stereo field not changing for the listener even he walks out of the door into another room and everywhere on stage the musicians hear the same from that cab.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09jiNR86M9c

Available mid august from Sweetwater, but I cannot buy it here, s##t.
dawman wrote: Frax77's Reverb works great though and really blends well with the
Soniccore 5.1 Room.
Good to know, thx for the info and all the best

Bud
Last edited by Bud Weiser on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Love that cabinet.
I need to sacrifice my K12s for the sidefills in our group, and get one of those since the K12s are excellent but so directional.
The Leslie can bury a drummer and as you know the sound is not directional.
I could stack the Spacestation on top of it slightly elevated and get a better stage sound.

Don't play clubs with quality systems any more, just our own gear and the stage volume is basically the sound with vocals only in the PA.
Sounds OK as we are using an X32 rack, into an ancient great sounding 8 channel Tapco for a little grit and powered K15s with a looped 18" Sub.
All the other groups that play these clubs have giant crappy sounding mono PAs and our stereo powered cabinet approach actually sounds so much cleaner.
Thankfully the performers know when to crank up for solos and have a good sense of the stage volume.

Thanks for the link, that's much better than trying to use a Bose Pole system, even though the floor demos are impressive they can't get above that crash cymbal volume.

Thanks Again Frax77/SAL...