b2003 modular

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

djmicron

b2003 modular

Post by djmicron »

Here we go

polyphony is already enabled on this device.
cc84 reserved for opening the surface
connectors from left to right:

midi in, external in, audio out L/R, midi out
b2003mod.jpg
b2003mod.jpg (29.94 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
Attachments
b2003mod.zip
(654.95 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
dawman

Re: b2003 modular

Post by dawman »

Ankyu.
I asked for this years ago and am so glad to see we can put all of our stuff into a nice 8 I/O Modular shell.
Scope project windows will never be the same.
S|C should be thanking you.....

Ankyu..
dawman

Post by dawman »

I made my first DJMicron 8 I/O Modular patch and it works perfectly well, but I am having trouble getting the GUI for both the Minimax and B2003 to show simultaneously.
I shall recall them again, and if they continue cancelling each other out I shall try the Modular II Shell, then III.
Right now I am using IVs 8 x 8, and this could be the trouble.

I can't wait for Prodyssey and others to follow.

Ankyu..
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

thank you for checking it with 8:8 version, i'll check to see the problem...
I can't wait for Prodyssey and others to follow
all the convertible devices are on my tasks, unfortunately i don't have the prodissey and i can't open it in sdk...
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

I am having trouble getting the GUI for both the Minimax and B2003 to show simultaneously
hey Jimmy, i'm trying to reproduce your problem, but it works fine here.

The surface open/close is assigned to cc:

83 for minimax
84 for b2003
85 for profit5

are you using some kind of controller that is set to one of the above cc numbers?

Then about the open/close button on the modular modules, it has a minor bug, when you open the surface it stays in on state(the light is on), but if you close the surface from the standard X, the button is still in "on state", so if you save the modular patch, when you reload it, it's possible that the minimax surface will be opened at load, so i'll modify the open/close button behavior in next update.
If your problem is related to cc conflicts, i can change the cc number to something of your choice, or you can change it too, if you have a control surface, but remember that once it is changed, the button on the module will not work.
Let me know
dawman

Post by dawman »

I do use all 3 of those for my drawbars on the B2003.
Here's the CCs I am using for my Project window and all internal/external devices.
I will give you these numbers and let you pick the CCs you think would work best.
I am using CC1-11 and CC64-CC92.
Anything outside of these would be fine as I included all pedals, footswitches, faders and knobs that I need nightly.

I have a 1:1 Prodyssey in Modular IV, and the original, so that one is covered.
I really like the idea of the shell holding so many and keeping the screen less congested.
Plus I can add so many other parameter modulations and specific effects in the same shell.
It seems the XITE-1 is treating this like it's optimized as well as the STM2448X.

Ankyu
dante

Post by dante »

DJ, great stuff.

Can you do what JB did for Pro-Wave and breakout I/O connectors for the innards ( VCO, VCA etc ) - (pending S|C's permission of course) ?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Hey don't run him off so fast......... :D
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

dante wrote:DJ, great stuff.

Can you do what JB did for Pro-Wave and breakout I/O connectors for the innards ( VCO, VCA etc ) - (pending S|C's permission of course) ?
it's not possible with the protected device, all i can do is to do connectors for what is available on the device when it's opened inside the project window.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

djmicron wrote: The surface open/close is assigned to cc:

83 for minimax
84 for b2003
85 for profit5

are you using some kind of controller that is set to one of the above cc numbers?
Hi djmicron,- great stuff !!!

I´d run into probs w/ these controller numbers too, so I´ll report here how I work w/ B2003 and Kurzweil PC361 in Scope 5.1 and on XITE-1:

Vibrato lower on/off - MIDI CC #30
Vibrato upper on/off - MIDI CC #31
Chorus Vibrato knob (C 1-3 and V 1-3) - Mod Wheel
Percussion on/off - MIDI CC #85
Perc. norm/soft - MIDI CC #86
Perc. fast/slow - MIDI CC #87
Perc 2nd/3rd harmonic - MIDI CC #88

Rotary fast/slow - MIDI CC #29 (default SwitchMIDI 29 above Mod Wheel in KURZ PC3)
Rotary on/off - MIDI CC #89
Drive on/off - MIDI CC #90

So, all these controllers are assigned to the MIDI Prg-Switch buttons available in a Kurz PC3 instrument, except the Mod Wheel and MIDI 29 switch.

The Ribbon Zone 1 assigned to AUX BEND MIDI CC #21 controls the "Generator Tune" in B2003

KURZ PC3 sliders have a standard assigment of MIDI CCs # 6 / 13 / 22 / 23 / 24 / 25 / 26 / 27 / 28 ...
controling B2003 drawbars of upper manual.

Question,- and because MIDI CC #83 (see above Minimax) and MIDI CC#84 (B2003) are already in use as "Control H general purpose" and "Portamento Control" in standard MIDI controllers:

Would it be possible to change the "surface open/close" switch numbers for the Minimax, B2003, Profit-5 and upcoming stuff into the MIDI CC range above #90 - #127 ?

MIDI CCs #92 / 94 / 95
MIDI CCs # 102-108
MIDI CCs #110-119

are all undefined in the MIDI spec and normally not used for other general purposes in any of the MIDI controllers out there.
So, it would be ideal to use these, especially if you create more modded devices for Modular,- and my short list above shows 20 controllers usable to switch surfaces which will probably never clash w/ other already used controller numbers.

just a idea

thx for your input and the devices !

best

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

djmicron wrote:
dante wrote:DJ, great stuff.
it's not possible ...
Hi, thank you very much for the MIDI CCs modified package !!!!
very cool ...

Bud