LOOP - MIDI Sequencer v0.6b

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

wolf

Re: LOOP - MIDI Sequencer

Post by wolf »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:And they said this couldn't be done.
Well, I prooved the opposite already years ago ..

Nice work, sharc :)
wolf

Post by wolf »

stardust wrote:wolf's design has another flavor than sharcs.
Sure, the more developers the more diversity, great !
.. and mine doesn't look that nice :D
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

sharc wrote: LOOP doesn't/won't have the same parameters as the Noah sequencer, but I'll look into matching up MIDI control assignments where applicable.
Wouldn't it be possible to just use the same PolyAT input control for note/duration/vel values as the one used in the NOAH, maybe with a switch to enable/disable such assignment ?

If not possible, I will edit my template but this would have been more straightforward ...

CheerZ
sharc

Post by sharc »

HUROLURA wrote:
sharc wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to just use the same PolyAT input control for note/duration/vel values as the one used in the NOAH, maybe with a switch to enable/disable such assignment ?
It's possible, but one thing worth pointing out is that the step parameters on LOOP are set out in such a way that a MIDI control assigned to a parameter (for example - NoteOn Velocity) is determined by the type of MIDI event which is set for the step. Another way of describing this is that per step you have the MIDI message type which refers to the Status byte of the MIDI message. Below this on the interface you have the 2 knobs which refer to the 1st & 2nd Data bytes of the step.

This means that on your MIDI controller you actually need to assign less parameters. For instance, on the BCR/BCF, each track on the device in it's current format could be completely controlled by the push encoders and buttons of a single preset.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Really nice module indeed...
Any progress on preset management and 16 step in a row version (would be easier to get feedback when using the whole 16 values...).

CheerZ
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

wish a 1.0 version with all parameters and presets :roll:
the advent of version OS 5.0 has stopped several 3rth part developments...
sigh.

(mine too)

:cry:

so I wish also a 5.0 SDK!!! :lol:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Ganool

Post by Ganool »

Any news on this one?
MUSIC TECH REVIEWS - WWW.PLUGHUGGER.COM
sharc

Post by sharc »

No news on this one ATM.

Due to unforseen circumstances all of my SDK developments have been on hold for some time now - which has been frustrating to say the least :(

This device is certainly at the top of the to-do list.

Without being able to give any timeframe for now all I can say is I'd be most upset if I don't have any developments to show for 2011.
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

any news on this? presets fix?

this is defiantly the first on my wish list even if its only for the preset fix
i use this a lot but reprogramming each time is a bit frustrating

shark where are you man??
sharc

Post by sharc »

Oh no. The one with all the number crunching. Please don't make me go back there :cry:

No promises, but I'll see if I can fit it in over the next couple of weeks :wink:
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Great !!!
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

hell yeah!!!
sharc

Post by sharc »

Update available in first post to include preset capability as requested :)

Track Presets store Track Name, Midi Channel, Pattern Selection and data of all 32 patterns. Patterns Presets store name and data of selected Pattern. The update also adds note length parameter and ability to switch between patterns from incoming MIDI notes. This is currently fixed to notes 29-60, but I'll make this adjustable in the next update.

At the moment it's only 1 track while I sort out a couple of issues. Hopefully shouldn't be long till next update.
enantiodromia

Re: LOOP - MIDI Sequencer v0.6

Post by enantiodromia »

sharc may your balls be blessed , this is just awesome!!!
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Great, nice enhancements !!!

Couldn't resist and made a short track with it:

http://soundcloud.com/hurolura/loopolero

The thing I most miss in this one is a way to transpose the loop according to a keyboard note like what is possible with my favourite Noah StepSeq.
sharc

Post by sharc »

HUROLURA wrote:Couldn't resist and made a short track with it:
Impressive stuff !!! Thanks :)
HUROLURA wrote:The thing I most miss in this one is a way to transpose the loop according to a keyboard note like what is possible with my favourite Noah StepSeq.
It's possible, but I don't want to take this too far at the moment out of consideration and respect to current commercial competition.

...Maybe in Modular :wink:

In the meantime you'll be pleased to know that I've added another feature you requested some time ago. The device can now be scaled either horizontally or vertically to view all 16 steps at once.

I've also added pattern name storage to the track presets which I somehow managed to overlook. Apologies if this causes any inconvenience to anyone who downloaded the last update so far.
dawman

Re: LOOP - MIDI Sequencer v0.6b

Post by dawman »

Nice treat Sharc, thanks.
I dl'd it 5 minutes after it was posted.
Early Bird gets the worm........ :wink:
tgstgs

Post by tgstgs »

nice to see youre still into developement;

feel free to do whatever you like from my side // mattomat

the thing with the hangin notes gets special attention while transposing;
i realise this way;

i buffer all the input;
i set a flag true as soon as a noteon comes;
the noteoff event false the flag;
at each sync circle i check if a flag is setted at all;
if none is setted i take input from the inputbuffer;

this way changings are only possible while no noteon is on the way --> no hanging notes possible;

good vibes from vienna
sharc

Post by sharc »

tgstgs wrote:nice to see youre still into developement;

feel free to do whatever you like from my side // mattomat
I'm trying. As much as I'm surprised how much I remember having spent so long away from the SDK, it does take time to get my head round some of the stuff I was working on before and this one's definitely no exception :D.

I'm glad you're cool with it - I honestly didn't expect anything else - but at the same time I don't really feel comfortable with adding certain features at the moment which could potentially distract from you customer base. You've clearly put a lot of time and effort into Mattomat and it deserves to have it's fair amount of time in the limelight as a one of a kind. I know the interface is completely different on LOOP and that can be a huge factor where sequencers are concerned, but I just worry that if I were to grant every request then the two devices could become a little too similar.

I wasn't suggesting that I'm going to stop working on LOOP altogether. I certainly want to fix any bugs and any sequencer that regularly generates hung notes is buggy as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the tips. I might give this a try to resolve the issues with note hangs on pattern switches. It's either that or have the pattern selection wait till the current pattern completes it's run before switching and have an all notes off at the end of every pattern. However I would prefer to keep it as it is with the pattern switching mid pattern as this is more versatile and allows for more impovisation.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Thanks for the full 16 step view Sharc, I have to test this one !!!

On my side, I am used to NOAH stepseq, but though similar to Loop or Mattomat on some point, they definetly provide too different workflow to compete with each other. And if I REALLY want something closer to the NOAH spirit, I should probably grab Wolf Audio stuff ... Or design my own stuff :D .

Just one suggestion to Tgstgs: hire Sharc and Shroomz for UI design contribution !!! :wink: