LOOP - MIDI Sequencer v0.6b

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

sharc

LOOP - MIDI Sequencer v0.6b

Post by sharc »

LOOP is a 16-step MIDI sequencer capable of Note, Pitch bend, Control change, Channel Aftertouch, Poly Aftertouch and Program Change message output per step. 32 patterns can be stored and recalled either from the device panel or via incoming MIDI notes.

Updated to Version 0.6

- Added note length parameter
- Added track and pattern presets
- Patterns can be switched by incoming MIDI notes
- This version is currently limited to 1 track

Known issues which I'll try and fix for next update:

- Note hangs when switching between patterns and adjusting notes while note is playing.

0.6b Update

Bug fix in Track Presets - Pattern Names now stored. Added Extend Horizontal / Vertical buttons to make 16 steps viewable at once.
Attachments
Loop v0_6b.zip
(463.96 KiB) Downloaded 792 times
LOOP screen.jpg
LOOP screen.jpg (166.87 KiB) Viewed 10266 times
Last edited by sharc on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Mr Arkadin

Re: LOOP - MIDI Sequencer

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Ooooh, looks very nice.

Will there be some indication of where you are in the sequence (LEDs etc.) in the final version?

Tempo set to Ext doesn't seem to work (jumps to 250 bpm).

Would it be possible to have a 'Key On' assign so that one could program a note into a sequencer and trigger it that way?
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Looks great.

Can't wait to test it.

How about chord-follow/tracking?
I'm still looking for a Scope module that will follow incoming MIDI data like the Arpeg - only with sequencer's ability to arrange the steps.

I will read the master feature list now.

Thanks,

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

looks great, cant wait to try it :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
dawman

Post by dawman »

This will be exrtremely helpful.
And they said this couldn't be done.

Thanks Sharc.
sharc

Post by sharc »

Mr Arkadin wrote:Will there be some indication of where you are in the sequence (LEDs etc.) in the final version?
Yes
Mr Arkadin wrote:Tempo set to Ext doesn't seem to work (jumps to 250 bpm).
That's strange. It tested OK in the SDK, but now that I try it in Scope I see what you mean. Should be easy enough to fix.
Mr Arkadin wrote:Would it be possible to have a 'Key On' assign so that one could program a note into a sequencer and trigger it that way?
The final version will have pattern selection from MIDI note events. Start/Stop triggering from MIDI Note On/Off is possible, but it will effect all tracks at once.
siriusbliss wrote:How about chord-follow/tracking?
I'm still looking for a Scope module that will follow incoming MIDI data like the Arpeg - only with sequencer's ability to arrange the steps.
It's not what's intended with this device Greg. Adding chord tracking functionality would take resources away from other features. However, it's possible that I'll produce something like this in a future device.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

wonderful!
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

sharc wrote:It's not what's intended with this device Greg. Adding chord tracking functionality would take resources away from other features. However, it's possible that I'll produce something like this in a future device.
OK, thanks again...

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Tau

Post by Tau »

Awesome!

thanks sharc!

T
next to nothing

Ive played around with this for a bit, and it is absolutley a missing link in the Scope system.

The lack of note length control makes it incompatible with minimax note change (and i guess others that have the same note priority system, allthough i haven't found any others yet), but i guess thats fixed when note length is implemented.

Now I'm only waiting for the sync station an the pattern sequencer, and my life will be fulfilled :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Wow! that looks like it will be a lot of fun:)
makes me wish i still had my drehbank :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

I want to store MIDI CC patterns like Cfm Sweep, Envelope Mod automations, and even messing with the decay during sweeps.
Once the start/stop button gets a MIDI CC assignment, I am sure we can use part of a keyboard for note on/off triggering of patterns.
I do my Program Change messages like that now and its really fast.
32 patterns on 16 channels simultaneously is not a problem either.
Program changes to j9k's MIDI router can FIlter out the targeted channels...

Thanks Again Sharc...Brotha' Of Shroomz.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Nice one Sharc !!!

This one would be just great under BCR control...

Would it be complicated to setup a 16 step version ?
This would be a great companion for the Noah StepSeq ...

CheerZ
next to nothing

it IS a 16 step step sequencer :)

Have a look to the upper right... ;)
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Is the NoteLenght under construction ?

Is PolyAT useable as an input assignment (just to be able to manage this one with the same BCR template as for the NOAH ... :D )

CheerZ
sharc

Post by sharc »

HUROLURA wrote:Is the NoteLenght under construction ?
The note length is done, but I haven't implemented it in this device yet as it will take some time to add. With that in mind, if you have any requests for available note lengths, now's the time to let me know :wink:.
HUROLURA wrote:Is PolyAT useable as an input assignment (just to be able to manage this one with the same BCR template as for the NOAH ... :D )
There will be a LOT of parameters in total in the final version and PolyAT input is one method I'm considering for getting full midi control. It would more than likely be used in a fixed fashion like the Noah though as opposed to an assignable control method.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Could a knob that uses your high reolution MIDI as in your PBend wheel on BC Key be used ?
I have no idea if that could work but manipulating note lengths in realtime is an old hardware feature on the QX-1. It was a 0-127 not the 0-16000 res., but it was nice to have a repititive lick start at 127 and go to 0 over an 8 bar pattern.
Just a thought.
With such a unique device I am just happy to know it can do what you have said it will do...
wouterz

Post by wouterz »

Will there be an audio input for synchronization to ramp signals?
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

sharc wrote:
HUROLURA wrote:Is PolyAT useable as an input assignment (just to be able to manage this one with the same BCR template as for the NOAH ... :D )
There will be a LOT of parameters in total in the final version and PolyAT input is one method I'm considering for getting full midi control. It would more than likely be used in a fixed fashion like the Noah though as opposed to an assignable control method.
Please just choose the same assignment as for the NOAH and I will provide the dual - BCR 2000 presets !!! :D

Regarding the step number, would it be possible to get a version with the whole set of 16 step available at once rather than switching the 1-8 / 9-16 selection just as an alternative (they way you implemented it is great for people having only one BCR unit or other controller providing the same set of 8 controllers) but for me a full 16 step at once just as the one of the NOAH would be just great.

Regarding the notelength, the setting availble in the NOAH are just great ...

CHEERZ
sharc

Post by sharc »

At the moment the sequencer is running at 24ppqn synced to a MIDI clock module. Timing wise it's not possible to deviate from this clock in terms of step position and length without manipulation of the clock trigger itself or adding some sort of MIDI delay. I'll see what I can do on that front, but for now I can't make any promises.
HUROLURA wrote:Please just choose the same assignment as for the NOAH and I will provide the dual - BCR 2000 presets !!! :D
LOOP doesn't/won't have the same parameters as the Noah sequencer, but I'll look into matching up MIDI control assignments where applicable.
HUROLURA wrote:Regarding the step number, would it be possible to get a version with the whole set of 16 step available at once rather than switching the 1-8 / 9-16 selection
Already working on it :wink: