Stereo Tube Filter module for Mod2 & 3 ..(beta v0.3)

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Stereo Tube Filter module for Mod2 & 3 ..(beta v0.3)

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi,

I'm pleased to release a new stereo filter module, The ECC83 Tube Filter. (now beta version 0.3)

The architecture is a tweeked version of the ECC83 TubeFilter (stereo) set to low gain. There's more subtle drive controls & the addition of frequency modulation inputs (MOD A & B). Changing filter type is now done by clicking & dragging up & down on the red led display allowing fast toggling between the filter types. Stereo inputs are left, stereo outputs are right.

Hope it works for you & please feel free to leave feedback.

[EDIT]
Version 0.3 now available to download.

- Added preset list to module which is tested working. Press the grey button on the left of the led display to open preset list window. Still not compatible with main modular preset structure. I'll figure that out asap. Still,... having it's own presets is better than having none :cool:
[/EDIT}

cheers :)
Attachments
TubeFilterModular_v0_3.zip
(672.59 KiB) Downloaded 1005 times
Last edited by Shroomz~> on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

:D :D :D
JLS

Post by JLS »

OoooMmmmmmmmm SHROOOOOOMMMMZZZZZZ

:-)
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Yum
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

excellent module!
But it can't deal with presets :cry:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

edit ..... see below :cool:
Last edited by Shroomz~> on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

version 0.3 is available on the first post !!

- Module now has it's own presets. Click the grey button to open the preset window.

That's all for now :)
steffensen

Post by steffensen »

man, some nice design there! both graphically and soundwise. good stuff!
Lima

Post by Lima »

Tons of thanks! :-D

sweet!
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hello,

I need some feedback regarding polyphonic use of this filter. It's set to load 'on same dsp' which means it may give you problems polyphonically, but I really need some feedback on that, as it seems to work fine here from the tests I've done. Well actually, I tested it & it didn't work, but I just tested it again & it does, so that's why I need feedback :)

cheers,
Shroomz
astroman

Post by astroman »

how about splitting such 'critical' devices in a 'sound' and a 'mastering' edition ?
the latter one taking special care of sample delays (and such stuff) and coming with some restrictions or requirements, which are probably easy to tolerate under such 'focussed' use.

The 'sound' versions would apply to situations as recently mentioned by Stuart, where 'real world' mic positioning would introduce similiar delays anyway.
So you could develope and experiment with unlimited creativity and if you find something useful for the mastering chain, nail it on a stereo pair or a dedicated bus.
Imho it's not critical at all on the 'instrument' side of things (like the TF in a guitar processing chain), it may even add some analog uncertainity...

keep it up, Tom
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your input. I'll start releasing dsp locked & not locked versions as Stuart suggested, as I'm sure it'll be worthwhile. I actually only just realised yesterday how to unassign dsp management settings I make in a module's 'attributes', so it's now very easy to do.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well if Astro thinks it has mastering qualities, that's even better. I 4 one am happy to have it out in time 4 Flexor II's arrival. There it will have so many options to use it with.
Keep it up Shroomz, your work is awesome. SpaceF was just telling me about Lo-Fi and how hard that would be to do, and Tube warmth was a topic in discussion also. But that part has now been handled thanks 2 U.

Awesome,
astroman

Post by astroman »

thanks that you value my opinion Jimmy, but the honour is up to Ken and Katano (and probably a few others) who acutally used the tube devices in that way.
I'm not even sure if I qualify at all to judge 'contemporary' mastering when I'm convinced that a mix by Timbaland (I heard a couple of weeks ago) s*cks big time in my ears (it really did hurt)

cheers, Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

Picky, Picky, You. Most producers that I had the priveledge of being critiqued by were ALWAYS right. Funnt how things can suck when laying down tracks, but the mastering is where the make or break moves show themselves.
astroman

Post by astroman »

not picky at all - I've already mentioned the story in another context...
my wife (usually immune to anything that's considered audiophile) came up with her new CD and asked if we could try it on my player, because '...sounds like something wrong with it...' :o
I mean it's perfectly ok with me if a dude makes a joke out of his audience and a quartermillion dollar gear - but I'm pretty sure that anyone with a less famous name would have been sacked for the job :P
(btw it's the 'Radio Edit' on Nelly Furtado's All good things... single)

cheers, Tom
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

That particular mix sounds very 'unusual', but also very VERY good on a car radio (where I think it was probably destined for)
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

And btw, I don't claim that any of my device releases here on PlanetZ are of mastering quality 'yet' (just for the record) although some of the devices may well be just what some people are after :)
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Speaking of which, anyone interested in a nice mixer? :cool:
dawman

Post by dawman »

You Betcha'.