PHASE 18

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Re: PHASE 18

Post by JoPo »

Shroomz~> wrote: As I said in the first post here, I'll be releasing a series of phasers & one of them will definitely have manual modulation because I already have one here with that feature & it's very cool being able to draw your modulation in a sequencer such as Cubase etc. I also have one which is midi triggered with invertible envelope modulation of the phaser, but such midi features don't work in insert slots, so I decided not to pack all of these features into this one device. I went down that route initially & after lots of work I eventually decided to completely change the plan & just release a series of phasers instead. :)

!!!!!!-------FAN-TAS-TIC-------!!!!!!!
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
modularman

Post by modularman »

Thank Shroomz~>

you are definitely the Best ........ 8) :) :D
Vita Brevis ......... Ars Longa
Tau

Post by Tau »

Well done, Shroomz, an excellent sounding device!

As for the skin, man that display is awesome... :o Fooled me a couple of times, yesterday :lol:

Thank you, once again!

T
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

better than commercial plugs!!! :o

thanks a lot!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
David

Post by David »

Excellent start to what is going to be an excellent series. Thank you
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Tau wrote:Well done, Shroomz, an excellent sounding device!

As for the skin, man that display is awesome... :o Fooled me a couple of times, yesterday :lol:

Thank you, once again!

T
AFAIK (correct me if i am wrong) base code in this plugin is from well known person behind alias "Warp69" - i can't comment on GUI but anyway or other thanks goes to Warp for algo and of course Schroomz for bringing this to public.....
katano

Post by katano »

Thanks Shroomz and Warp

Looking forward to try this one soon :D

Cheers
Roman
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Immanuel wrote:When you say 18 stage ... are you saying 108 dB/oct?
Hi Immanuel,

I missed this question when I was looking at the replies yesterday, so to answer your question, no not at all. 18 stage in this case means 18 allpass filter stages (per channel). Since allpass filters pass their input to their output without attenuation or amplification, then it's not the same as you thought which would be creating an 18-pole filter.

Best regards!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

mpodrug wrote:AFAIK (correct me if i am wrong) base code in this plugin is from well known person behind alias "Warp69" - i can't comment on GUI but anyway or other thanks goes to Warp for algo and of course Schroomz for bringing this to public.....
Hi mpo,

Yes, I mentioned in the initial post of the thread that this project was handed over to me by Warp69 and gave him special thanks! 8)

It was something that Warp started, by implementing a particular allpass filter algo as an 18 stage phaser & we began working together on developing it further with my main job to be the interface design. Warp then wasn't able to continue with the project due to various reasons & passed it over to me to finish if I wished. What you have here now is something which is developed further both at circuit and interface level with a different character/sound to the early project from last year. I've made so many changes since back then, that sticking Warp's name on it wouldn't be the right thing to do since he might think that what I've done is crap! :D ...Therefore, that's why I chose to simply thank Warp for passing this project over to me, but of course you are perfectly correct in saying that the core algo which in this case is a particular allpass filter design, is indeed a Warp 69 creation.

So, thanks again Warp! 8)

Phew! :D
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

:D Yes! This is now official: this is my preferred phaser in Scope!
I still have one request though: I just can't get "full range" modulation, whatever the mode I use (basically, now using IM3).
Well, it is more about a niggling question than a real request...
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

iSiStOy wrote::D Yes! This is now official: this is my preferred phaser in Scope!
I still have one request though: I just can't get "full range" modulation, whatever the mode I use (basically, now using IM3).
Well, it is more about a niggling question than a real request...
When you say 'full range' modulation, do you refer to the modulation amplitude or the frequency range?
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Shroomz~> wrote:
mpodrug wrote:AFAIK (correct me if i am wrong) base code in this plugin is from well known person behind alias "Warp69" - i can't comment on GUI but anyway or other thanks goes to Warp for algo and of course Schroomz for bringing this to public.....
Hi mpo,

Yes, I mentioned in the initial post of the thread that this project was handed over to me by Warp69 and gave him special thanks! 8)

It was something that Warp started, by implementing a particular allpass filter algo as an 18 stage phaser & we began working together on developing it further with my main job to be the interface design. Warp then wasn't able to continue with the project due to various reasons & passed it over to me to finish if I wished. What you have here now is something which is developed further both at circuit and interface level with a different character/sound to the early project from last year. I've made so many changes since back then, that sticking Warp's name on it wouldn't be the right thing to do since he might think that what I've done is crap! :D ...Therefore, that's why I chose to simply thank Warp for passing this project over to me, but of course you are perfectly correct in saying that the core algo which in this case is a particular allpass filter design, is indeed a Warp 69 creation.

So, thanks again Warp! 8)

Phew! :D
I'll miss his creations that is sure. Hopefully we will have more and more talented people like you... THX again..
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Shroomz~> wrote:When you say 'full range' modulation, do you refer to the modulation amplitude or the frequency range?
Modulation Amplitude, I think.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

And by the way, you both have done such a great job... That I'm short in words about this one. Thanks to both of you and happily, you mastered it quite well. Promising indeed!
PS: we should PAY (at least, donate) for this one, imho....
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

iSiStOy wrote:
Shroomz~> wrote:When you say 'full range' modulation, do you refer to the modulation amplitude or the frequency range?
Modulation Amplitude, I think.
Do you have the modulation gain set to '0' ?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

iSiStOy wrote:And by the way, you both have done such a great job... That I'm short in words about this one. Thanks to both of you and happily, you mastered it quite well. Promising indeed!
PS: we should PAY (at least, donate) for this one, imho....
Thanks for your kind words iSiStOy. Much appreciated! 8)
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Here you go. I'm not sure what you are telling me about but I added an audio example of what it can do with a nord lead arp.
I just like the phaser color, but I still hope some more "modulation range". Maybe it's not amplitude but frenquencies mod boundaries I find too limited.
Not sure I am really clear...
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

faza18_01.JPG
faza18_01.JPG (21.5 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Ok, you have the mod gain set to -6. If you press the '+' button beneath the frequency pot or click the red led with a '0' above it, the mod gain will be max. There are 4 mod gain settings, -24, -12, -6 & 0 & each one is indicated by it's own led which can also act as a button for directly selecting them. Hope that helps man!
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Oh yeah! my mistake! :P
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Device sounds incredible.Thanks to both of you guys.Nailed it! :)