-=Neutron=- Paradox

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

Re: -=Neutron=- Paradox

Post by Neutron »

Is anyone using paradox? i have not read anything about it lately. if not is there something that could be improved?
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Neutron wrote:Is anyone using paradox? i have not read anything about it lately. if not is there something that could be improved?
I've started playing around with it.
I love the diversity in the various patches.
It's fun to run an arpeggiator into the front end.

Not sure of any other suggestions yet until I have some more time with it hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks!

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Well, it's a very aggressive synth. This is not a bad thing, but it is difficult to get it to blend with other synths, at least with most of the existing presets. I had hoped to make some more mellow presets, but haven't gotten around to it, partly because I couldn't see the gray on black surface well enough (very cool look, but not terribly ergonomic for old peeps with bad eyesight). I'm getting cataract surgery Monday so hopefully in a couple weeks I can put some preset building time into it, to make it play well with others. I do like the complex sounds it can produce, although that's what also makes it a bit unruly.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Yes indeed!
Very pleasant PWM like sounds when you tweak a bit, good for weird leads or fx but also bell timbres.
David

Post by David »

It's still being awesome and creative here.
As to adding more to it... I can't say as I'm still tinkering but I'm willing to experiment with any new additions
Approximate reading time: 1 minute
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

As a request, maybe some RD Slots for filters?
cortone

Post by cortone »

John,

Try it through Adern's Mojo...there's a demo available if you haven't tried it. It can take some of that edge off while preserving the most musical aspects of the "aggressive" and helping with the blend.

Cory
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

... And please let us know about your surgery as soon as come back here...
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

just tried this after re-installing my system + upgrade to scope5 etc. sounding pretty good so far! just one request, any way you can make the lfos' max frequency adjustable/higher than 150hz? getting some pretty nice sounds by manually setting them in the 1khz-5khz range but i can't save the patch properly because it resets the value to 150.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Thanks for the input!

I will look in to that for a new version, for now you can set one of the main osc to "fixed" and use it for a modulator, i am not sure if you can get what you want doing that.
anyways its on the list of suggestions (also known as this thread)

the next synth (which may be a while coming) has 5 oscillators which can be pitched or not somewhat like EMS synthi oscillators which also can serve as LFOs. and all be patched anyhow you like.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Have been playing with it more lately.

Definitely an aggressive synth.

Only consideration so far is that it could use some lighter colors in the GUI. The big black look really takes over the screen. :)

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
doktorfuture

Post by doktorfuture »

Very cool synth man. Thanks.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Glad you like it!
I have another one coming out eventually but i have a lot on the go at the moment.

I hope it sounds ok on those 24K speakers :D
MayN

Post by MayN »