Paradox relese on THURSDAY Please send your presets

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

Paradox relese on THURSDAY Please send your presets

Post by Neutron »

Paradox will be released on THURSDAY so if you have any presets please PM them to me by Thursday morning.
the only changes from the last beta(03) are cosmetic. so all your presets will work.
Attachments
classicmode.JPG
classicmode.JPG (145.63 KiB) Viewed 5180 times
Last edited by Neutron on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:26 am, edited 12 times in total.
capacitor

Re: Teaser :D

Post by capacitor »

:o

Edit: after playing around with it :o :o
Last edited by capacitor on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The first action people should take is to remove cash from Banrural, and break the banks of corrupt people. #escandalogt
dawman

Post by dawman »

That's Exciting,

I especially like the backview as if we were staring at a real synth from above.
You weren't fuckin' around were you.... :o

This kind of comsmetics and design combined is quite powerful.

Congradulations.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

well you can thank Shroomz for the fantastic design. mine was quite lame :D

the actual synth works quite different from the usual fare. the 2 main oscs are composed of a core and overtone waveform, the overtone is freely adjustable in frequency yet never goes out of tune (the paradox)

it works like a casio "phase distortion" which is nothing more than a sync oscillator with the transient when the oscillator resets muted out (and casio always used a saw wave).
in this synth it is done by a rotor which is like the creamware "rotor" but externally controllable rather than a built in oscillator.
in this case the core waveform is also the sync signal, and when the overtone is reset (which always happens on zero crossing) the level of the overtone is zeroed by the controllable rotor (also controlled by the core osc)

as far as i know the casio one only used a saw wave to control the amplitude of the overtone, done with a simple VCA, but the rotor makes it possible with any waveform.

the core and overtones each have their own VCA controlled by one of the 4 envelope generators. there is no "final" VCA so you can get a more dynamic and natural output with different envelopes for different parts of the sound. (it does mean the filters cant be self oscillating though)

the aux osc can be used as a modulator and/or output,

modulation is quite extensive, including MOD-X which can control the amount of modulation of other souces by a second source (virus style) modx knob can be assigned to modwheel to great effect.

best of all you should find yourself PLAYING MUSIC with the sounds you get.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Looks really pretty now !!! The user interface is more intuitive so.
And thanks for the explanation of the principle used, though I have to check if this is really similar to what is implemented in the Casio to be sure to have understood the principle.
If so I could sell my CZ-101 :D

CheerZ
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Lookz really good! A teaser indeed!
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Looks fantastic. I wonder if sonic-core does a little private happy dance when something like this appears. These devices do a lot to keeps the platform alive and viable for many of us. Cheers!
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Are you the same Neutron, who once upon a time (years ago) developed some really cool devices for Scope?
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Scotty wrote:Looks fantastic. I wonder if sonic-core does a little private happy dance when something like this appears. These devices do a lot to keeps the platform alive and viable for many of us. Cheers!
Well if they do they're doing it in private. Maybe one day the efforts of the SDK devs will be recognised on the S|C website.

Neutron these features look really interesting. Can't wait to see how musical they are in practise.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Immanuel wrote:Are you the same Neutron, who once upon a time (years ago) developed some really cool devices for Scope?

who then sold his scope cards, realized how stupid that was and bought some more? yes, that one.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Just add an LCD + a few button and it would be a nice ASB range extender... no ?

This one just looks really pretty !!!
Paradox ASB ?
Paradox ASB ?
Paradox vs Prodyssey ASB.jpg (90.87 KiB) Viewed 6292 times
CheerZ
Last edited by HUROLURA on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Very exiting! Design is a+.If it sounds as good as it looks this will be a winner.Thx in advance. :o
devastate

Post by devastate »

that certainly looks impressive, can't wait to hear the bad boy, the cross mix on the filters looks amazing band passing and lp'ing at the same time, wicked
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Neutron wrote:
Immanuel wrote:Are you the same Neutron, who once upon a time (years ago) developed some really cool devices for Scope?

who then sold his scope cards, realized how stupid that was and bought some more? yes, that one.
Man, I was really tempted to try to find the money back then - as much for the personally inflicted mojo as for the extra DSPs. Great to see you back. :)
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

yes, looks good, a new full-synth :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

What about this FAT BASTARD...............
PARADOX TAPE SIM.JPG
PARADOX 001.mp3
I had to put a pinch of Tape Sim on it. But for chorusing or modulation there's enough re routing and cyclin going on that it might not need it.
I am getting some nice drift detuning sounds, but don't ask me how, I just twist and jam and leave the scientific talkin' to Ya'll.

I am going to put some audio through it next and see wassup.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

:o
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

:o :o :o :o :o :o
ParaDox_madness.zip
(921.7 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Sorry about that ogg file Neutron. It sounds like a fungi induced trip to wonderland. :lol:
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

LMAO thats going to be my new ringtone.