KNOTTSBOX V (Final version 1) with lots easytohandlepresets

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

KNOTTSBOX V (Final version 1) with lots easytohandlepresets

Post by MCCY »

Here comes Knottsbox Vinal

- MOST IMPORTANT: You can now save WHOLE SETTINGS with ALLSTORE-Button-preset-browser !!!!!!! Load the knottsbox_VV preset-file with the allstore button!!! (It makes things easier, believe me... 8) )
- knottsbox VV preset-file contains a collection of my guitar-settings for a Telecaster and a Paula. Test them!
- new variation possibilities are absolute killers, you can even MORPH(!!!) two boxes when you set the amount of both to 50%
- EQs with controllable Q
- some circuit improvements

THE VARIATION POSSIBILITIES:

There are 6 black knobs on top of the device. The first row is for modifying the box-stage, the second row for modifying the variator-stage.
........- First knob in a row shifts whole frequency spectrum, second sets amount (12o'clock+ = higher, 12o'clock- = deeper).
........- Second knob (12o'clock+ = more intensity, 12o'clock- = less intensity)
........- third knob = filtercharacter

known issues:
- better gain-control for different stages should be implemented, just turn down your preamp volume when knottsbox prestages clip unwanted
- If Knottsbox can't find presetfile knottsbox Vb (what's very likely ;-) )then copy and rename knottsbox V and copy it in the presets-folder. This should fix this issue

P.S. I expect everybody who uses this device to share presets & sounds & smile, please, I'm serious, this is high-end-freeware and I expect to get some improvement on worldpeace with this :)

P.P.S.
-I strongly recommend using my presets first to get an impression of how all the knobs work :-)
- Btw. I just found out that morphing capability while playing with my presets. Just try to not only combine variations with boxes but also boxes with boxes while setting the mid-knob of each three small black knobs to lets say 9 o clock.

Mr. Jimmy V., I proudly present the JimmyVSpecialEditionOfKnottsbox:
:o :o :o TADAAAAAA!!!!!! :o :o :o
:) :) :) KnottsboxFEED :) :) :)
8) 8) 8) The first keyboardplayable Feedbacksynthesizer on this Planetz!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
:D :D :D I think I did quite a good job on this ... :D :D :D
http://www.planetz.com/forums/download/file.php?id=4281
demo: http://www.planetz.com/forums/download/file.php?id=4282
Attachments
KnottsboxVinal.zip
(894.22 KiB) Downloaded 787 times

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by MCCY on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 18 times in total.
igge

Re: knottsbox

Post by igge »

Cooool. Very cool. You've been looking at some real guitar pedals for inspiration, I see. 8) :D :D Tubes rock.

Oh, it wants an ecc.pre file, but as it don't have the preset button I suppose it's just one of those SDK oddities.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Oh, that's because I build in my "ecc" device, my version of a device that uses that specific dsp-atom. I seem to have forgotten, to disable it's request for a preset-file... Won't correct that too soon...
RecS

Post by RecS »

:o.....:o ....:o.:o.:o... :o.:o.:o
:o.....:o ....:o ...........:o
....:o.........:o.:o ...........:o
....:o ........:o....................:o
... :o ........:o.:o.:o....:o.:o.:o

IT IS WONDERFUL!!! :D
IT IS MY SOUND!!! :P

MssY
Thenks! Thenks! Thenks!!! :)
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Sounds great, i cant wait to get home and try it!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Thanks man !!
katano

Post by katano »

Thanks Martin and a happy New Year!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Did I hear someone say Screenshots? :lol:

Martin, this is an excellent device. Don't know what instruments sound like through it, but I used a little dry Steel Guitar preset from 6-String and I think this is my new ZZ Top Cruncher.

Is there any possible way to include a the 5th harmonic feedback knob, virtual of course, and use a ModWheel to bleed it in and out?
That would surely jack off my Guitarist more than he already is.

Thank You Very Much for another useful product.

BTW the mono in / stereo out config was an extra bonus.

P.S. I keep seeing a preset pop up which won't load or store, no problemo's, but the capability of so many tones could use a preset storage trick. It says in the search browser " ECC ". Coolness, I have a few devices made from ECC atoms or whatever you guys call 'em and I like their overall color.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have to say I really like this puppy w/ Six String.
The distortion on Six String is unbearable unless I use Dynomic and some SAW inserts.
I have some great tools for distortion that's for sure.

Anyone who wants a decent jamming Guitar and has Six String try this.

For muted crunch-like comping take the envelope ( decay ) on 6 String and apply an expression pedal to fade from a chunky comp, to full blown leads.
I am suppose to be trying to side chain my drum cymbal bus to vocal tracks, but this is much more fun.

If it had a feedback knob this would be a great physically modelled guitar for Scope using Six string.
It enhances 6 strings sound and since it is not static samples it gets more realistic every half hour or so of jamming.

Hats Off Again Martin. :D
igge

Post by igge »

It's as good as the real thing. 8) In one way better, as there's no cables so I can't get mad at my cat for chewing on them. :lol: You wouldn't believe how many patchcables she's destroyed over the last 5 years. :D
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

THANKS!!!
As you can imagine, I allready completely overworked it and made a masterplan for making the work on such models far more effective. One first solution is ready & and plans for an extremely flexible monster are in my head... I'm at 4 selectable Boxes right now :-) and I guess I'll find enough impulseresponses to even expand it further 8)
But sorry, I still won't spend much time on this... all in all it was about 4 hours now, that's O.K. once in a month

Martin
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Very nice! Dankeschön :)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

thanks for this!

It seems the disable/bypass button is broken. Seems to mute one channel.
MCCY

Re: knottsbox + knottsbox III (in post15)

Post by MCCY »

Important:
- You have to use preset-file WQ1 for changing the boxes!
- use the other preset file for getting first impressions on possibilities with other settings. Some presets are for specific boxes

knottsbox III might sound a little different, cause it's a complete rebuild. I'll see if I have to add the original Mar imitation from knottsbox I. 1000s of possibilities left to explore for me. This should be just the beginning...

- Microphones SennH & Sicher are imitations of some of my microphones which record the output of a headphone.
- eng has been adopted (but it's very far from being equivilant) from my pott xxx333
- some other cabinets have been adopted from some famous guitar plugin

************ I uploaded the first version in this post too, to have it still online, cause it's usefull and should be lighter on DSP *************
Attachments
knottsboxOLD.zip
(473.9 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
knottsboxIII.zip
(539.68 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Last edited by MCCY on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

You're Killing Me.

This is awesome.
I have a week off and already have a small list of exciting and fun stuff to tweak.

Excellent presets also. So far I like your choices of sound w/ both sets.
Now I can use this in some upcoming stuff as the first device had the pop up which I can't use live on the fly.
This is going to be a festive evening.

Danke Bruda Mann Martin.
zangsta

Post by zangsta »

Noch sprechen wir some seriuos shit !!!! :lol:
Mein lieber Herr Martin, zer GUT ! Skitbra !! Very Good, Gummisnodd ! :P

Seriously, Martin, you have made me very happy... :)
and I find this just about at bedtime...hmm guess what I´ll do tomorrow ?? :-?
Heuten sollen ich...??

This was worth waiting for.. :wink:

Thank you very much, Martin, my birthday is on Wednesday, but never mind
if gifts like this come a bit early.. :D

Kisses & hugs :o from
Zangsta
dawman

Post by dawman »

20 Bucks says you wake up within an hour naked and grab your axe. :lol:
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

WTF I have a REAL KILLER here...
It's become quite complex, I've added another variation-stage which gets REAL guitar feeling out of that boxes, so what will come next, will really, really kick ass!!!
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Here comes knottsbox_Vx ( :-) the xonsumer-version without deep control)
This is my final word on this so far...

- The new variator-stage uses same preset-file WQ1 ("wonder-eq"), just select the variator folder for presets within preset file
- the variator presets are devided in v-presets and ex-presets. The extreme variations fit better for the "subtle-knob", but just try it out. Many combinations make sense
- the "subtle" button places the variator within a tube-circuit which makes its results not so present as in "normal" mode
- I removed the ability to remove variator from dsp... It just killed my ears and boxes when turning on & off, it's better this way now
- The complexity of the device has once again lead to the problem, that you have to do some experimental settings to get it's possibilities. I bet one needs at least 30minutes of intensive setting-experiments to get the real potential of this plug.

------KNOTTSBOX V deleted.......... Vinal version (much better) added in the last post .......... ----------------------
Last edited by MCCY on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Re: knottsbox + knottsbox III (in post15) + knottsbox V(post 21)

Post by dawman »

Well I will tell them about the insert slots ability to use mono or stereo effects by activating the orange button.
I haven't seen this before and find it to be an awesome idea.
That would be so convenient on a mixer.
Having mono and stereo as options for effects on channels/Aux/Busses would be a considerate choice IMHO. Expandable by a dual mono module like Dualizer..............Dayamn.

Very nice Bruda Mann, Danke.