KNOTTSBOX V (Final version 1) with lots easytohandlepresets

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

nightscope

Re: KNOTTSBOX V (Final version 1) with lots easytohandlepresets

Post by nightscope »

Doesn't work here.

Get stuck loading looking for KNOTTSBOX_Vb.pre which isn't in the .zip.

ns

PS Working now. Deleted old version .pres. It still looks for KNOTTSBOX_Vb.pre but works when you cancel that search.

Thanks, Martin, for your stalwart efforts.
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
zangsta

Post by zangsta »

That´s right, I had it load the KNOTTSBOX_Vv-preset, then it worked fine..maybe a case of misslabeling ?
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Glad to hear all that :-)

knottsbox Vb is as far as I remember my experiment of a second preset-file used in the right preset-list-area of the general settings preset-list... (GENERATE IT ON YOUR OWN... THERE WERE NO PRESETS IN IT ANYWAY) It would be more useful to have it in the allstore-section :-(. I don't even know, if it remembers right own saved preset-lists in your project. That's maybe still not perfect in this version, but small changes won't affect the whole box anymore & it should work for 99% of working-styles.

Thanks for your feedback!!!!
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Mr. Jimmy V., I proudly present the JimmyVSpecialEditionOfKnottsbox:
:o :o :o
TADAAAAAA!!!!!!
:o :o :o

KnottsboxFEED

8) 8) 8) 8) The first keyboardplayable Feedbacksynthesizer on this Planetz!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

I think I did quite a good job on this ... :D
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

KNOTTSboxFEED.zip
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 252 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

:o ANKYUVARYMUSH..............................
This figures.
I left Vegas with my boy Saturday for the Sequoia National Forest, we decided to sneak into Yosemite on the way back too since it's closed. My practice rig ( 4U ) is packed up in the back but will be unloaded as soon as I get back to the crib. I have waited for this a long time. I will thank you before I even hear it as we are leaving the Motel now.
What a great, considerate present. I am humbled as much as if I were standing under Deneral Sherman ( the 275 foot tall tree, the largest living organism on the planet actually ).
I have taken my son to Yosemite several times but he had to see the worlds largest tree and I promised we would take a couple of days to enjoy the Sierras on trip back to Tahoe.

I shall be smiling all day and speeding back through Owens Valley and the Devil's Gate.
I have 37 hours before I go back to work. I will definately let you know what I think and will probably use it Tuesday night.

I THANK YOU SIR.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Would somebody please post a screenshoy so I can stare at a print sheet as I drive home?
Ankyuvarymush.
zangsta

Post by zangsta »

:P :P :P :P
Attachments
KnottsBoxes.jpg
KnottsBoxes.jpg (150.5 KiB) Viewed 3920 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thank You My Brotha's. :D
I will have the receptiuonist make a couple of prints as we check out.
My sond Killing me...gotta go.

Tuesday demo for sure, but I bet Zangsta beats me to it.
Damn Guitar players... :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

No tickets.... :D
Since Nevada is still a bastion of freedom the Police leave you alone on the Highways where 70 mph and above is allowed. There's just so many little towns along 395.
My son is pissed at me because we didn't stop at Bodie, which is an old Ghost Town still in pristine condition. Many movies were made there, and also the High Plains Drifter was filmed at Mono Lake.
He says I am sick from DSP's as I stared at the print while racing back home.

I just loaded this puppy up. It sounds fantastic.
Feedback options are implemented very well. Slighter amounts yeild good results, and the extreme amounts are exactly that.

Well let's go and see how it records....

Martin I thank you very much for doing what was supposedly unable to be done w/ SDK.
I don't want to know how it was done as I care little about the physics and scientific calculations that mean very little in the real world......The sounds and final results are more important to me.

Speaking of sounds..........http://www.planetz.com/forums/download/file.php?id=4285

Truly A God Amongst Men.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Yeah, I like the guitar-part from 0.35 on, that has some real-life-character :-)
"QuaakuakaQuaaKakaQuaaaa"

For the non Jimmy V.s on this planetz: Don't forget, that you HAVE TO connect a keyboard to knottsbox to use the feedback. There is another possibility to integrate feedback for life guitar-playing, but that will take some more time... although... could maybe be done quickly too, but so far nobody asked for it ;-)

Thanks for your fast feedback :-)
Now I want to hear the hendrix-feedback-style :D
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

This sounds great. Nice sound Jimmy. Are the Rhythm guitars processed by it too?

Great work MCCY
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Very very cool stuff! Thanks alot :)
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

"Are the Rhythm guitars processed by it too?"

I'm 100% sure about that - thats the sound of knottsbox. I personally don't like the lead guitar-sound, but it's very musical too of course.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

B.t.w. if someone needs the preset-files for polyek & spring, which are integrated in knottsbox to realize that feedback... here they are.
Attachments
Sprin&PolyekPresets.zip
(4.22 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

My week off wasn't long enough.........
As you guys can tell this is a great device.
The feedback thingy is ingenius, I have no idea how you did what others claim couldn't be done but it sounds quite realistic. However controlling that live is quite difficult, but in a recording enviroment w/ a little practice it should work fine.
My problem is finding a new sample/phsically modelled instrument to play the leads with.
I have walked away ( no pun intended ) with the perfect rhythm guitar for my live gig when I use 6 String w/ the Western Dry Guitar Model.
I can pluck it, mute it, strum it and it always has the same effect and controllable sound.
Very nice job indeed.
So many of the classic rock things we do at the gig don't have keyboards for example, Grand Funk Railroad, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and my favorite Cream, notably Disraeli Gears.
I know it's a great sound as my Primmadonna Guitarist and everyone smiled the whole night while it was being used. He wouldn't try it out as we were pressed for time and he already has a great studio/stage rig w/ his Mesa Boogie mini stack. Perhaps this weekend.

I used a synth for the lead because six string lost it's balls above A 440 and although KnottboxV & Feed provide plenty of sustain to compensate my ears tell me Fahgittabowdit.
So today I shall dig into my vast library of sounds and tricks to find an example I can switch to for lead guitar sounds. It works for double leads where it is somewhat masked as the example above shows, but this is a fault of the 6 String, not Knottbox.

I will post something after I am satisfied later.
One thing is for sure though, this has taken 6 String and turned it into a great comping Guitar where as before I wouldn't dream of trying to use it.
Now I might enjoy playing this bull shit music for a few more gigs.

Thanks So Much Martin.
dawman

Post by dawman »

For the life of me I cannot find a good sample and I have tried many.
My old old Mirage Guitar still is the best choice for any lead.
It sucks below A 440, but above the A there's no equal and it's an 8 bit converted to 16bit in the '90's w/ my Roland 770 and EMU IV, then went to 24bit w/ GS3 & GS4/GVI.
I am sure someone here has a mathematical explanation, all I know is it works.
However, Solaris for some reason has the best thichness in it's tone so I will try using the Sample Oscillators to bring in the old Mirage and then have an expression pedal tied to the feedback circuit of the KnottboxFEED.
My B2003 and Wurlitzer 200A samples get a new skin from Knottbox too.
I will get lots of use from this device, and since it is capable of such diverse tones I will probably dedicate an entire AUX to the Vinal version, and loose MIDI control but rely on presets, and another example for leads and rhythms used in a serial fashion w/ whatever lead source I end up using.

Very Nice Martin. :wink:
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Thank you
I will try it out, this one must be amazing considering all the feedback.

Thanks again MCCY :D
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

ok, I just got to try this thing out, I was on holidays when it was posted. I'm mixing a reggae and I put this thing on the bass and it is sweet, thanks so much for this, it's giving me good ability to eq, boosting the lows but keeping it really clean still, then a little valve and character and it's got the bass rumbling nicely, great job on this one Martin
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

It is also a killer on drums.