Post by YiannisK »

Any Pre's for this dev?
Please post some if you've made any.

thanks
Shroomz~>

Re: Xtreme Cut Pro

Post by Shroomz~> »

YiannisK wrote:Any Pre's for this dev?
From me, nothing I'm willing to share. I'll be delighted if users of the dev would like to post some though.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have it on a Modular chain and call it Filter Morph.

It loops from a waspy CS80 super BP sound to a sweeping FAT LP. Great for those seeking an automated effect that usually requires one hand or foot pedal to achieve.

I hate playing with one hand. That's why I do pitch bends w/ an expression pedal,...more expression. I have tried to tie the preset to time itself to the pitch bend ( pedal ) but have had no luck w/ timing being linked via the CC5 device from Mehdi.

I still have fun w/ it, and apologise if I asked stupid questions when I first got it. But I never used such a device and should have experimented more before making inquiries.

It works best on a synth w/ rich harmonic content. When I try it on drum recordings it works, but has a less dramtic effect.

Nice Job Shroomz.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I hate playing with one hand. That's why I do pitch bends w/ an expression pedal,...more expression. I have tried to tie the preset to time itself to the pitch bend ( pedal ) but have had no luck w/ timing being linked via the CC5 device from Mehdi.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly with regards to pitch bend and timing or where CC5 comes into it. Maybe if you can explain what you want to achieve a bit further...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Let me clear that up a bit.

I have the LFO rates set in the first BETA that had E-Follow instead of the sequencer, and they run independantly of when a note is played. In other words I was tring to figure out a way that I could always have the Filter sweeps start at a point of my choosing, I have to look over at the knobs automated positions that are controlled by the LFO rates, and have memorised the positions that have the right LP sound. But that means waiting for the correct time to hit the note.

Would the step sequencer allow me to pick the begining of the cycle?

It's a really cool sounding effect. When I watch the GUI, in it's current revision, I can wait for the positions of the LFO's on the 2 knobs and play a note, while slowly doing a pitch bend so that the effect is similar to the way that Jean Luc-Ponty did upward whole note slides on his Violin w/ a Wah-wah. Of course this means playing solo lines based around the positions of the knobs, which is O.K. It's not the first time I based my choice and placements of notes around a great sound effect. With a looping tape delay, one often waits for the tape / loop's position that has the best dynamic response and tone.

Would it help if I played a lick and then explained? The LFO's can be held in place by the offset knob being used at higher levels, which allows a nice slow bend upwards, and retains it's position there.

If you happen to know the tune, I was emulating Edgar Winters Synth solo during the song Frankenstein, where everyone assumed he was using a wah-wah when he was actually using the filter's and envelopes to achieve that sound.

I went on vacation right when you released the first revision, but am ready to start playing with the sequencer version. I have some new toys to mess around with and the whole weekend is mine....no rehearsals.

:wink:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

The early beta you're talking about was purely for beta testing purposes & not intended to be used in performance or any serious work. Throughout the development of the other 7 or 8 beta releases (which you didn't receive) the device changed quite radically with many changes being made & new features added. If you're interested in the device I recommend trying the version I released on this thread & putting the early beta you're talking about into your recycle bin.

This release version can still be improved, but I have no plans to do so at the moment.

cheers,
Mark
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

no worries.
ACIDkNiGhT

Post by ACIDkNiGhT »

Thanx for making this nice device.
Seems like I end up using it on almost all my channels :roll:

Would you like some highpass on that sandwich Sir ?
Yes please!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Cheers for the feedback. It's great to know that some of you are using it. :)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Its still slicing the lows like there is no tomorrow :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have always liked the sound of Shroomz's HP's and BP's on powerful synths.
My analog synths never need any tweaks for some reason but many DSP synths have such a boomy low end.
I like his GP8 and if anyone was lucky enough to keep it, the VM42 mixer is a 4 mono in stereo out mixer w/ built in HP's and drive amounts on each channel.
The GP8 attached to any 4 or 8 out Modular shell that houses a polyphonic synth emulation is the fatest way to achieve that elusive Super Band Pass Filter from MOTM that emulates the CS80 so well.
I sure hope Shroomz doesn't mind me using these live in my XITE-1.

TubeFilter Strip.
VM42
GP8
Extreme Cut Pro ( for it's hassle free Filter Loops ).

Sorry if I OT'd slightly, but these tools are exceptional IMHO.

Thanks So Much Again & Again. :wink:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

What's this GP8?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Yeah maybe this one?
Attachments
VP8sml.JPG
VP8sml.JPG (34.53 KiB) Viewed 5953 times
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

That's one of the devices that I need to rebuild, since it was built in the first 3 months or so of having the sdk. :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Sorry 'Bout That Cheif,
It is the BP8 and it's an ancient Oriental secret, I goofed. It has a similar GUI as your darker days. Made by the same guy who did the PrymeTyme.
But the Strip, XCPro, and the VM-42 are Shroomz designs.

VM-42 is a four mono in stereo out, or 4 mono out if need be, w/ a sweet tube effect and HP Filter for each channel. I mix these w/ FAT II algo 2's, and then they are summed to stereo.

FAT II's are quite powerful but I like your drive's sound mixed w/ these for real obeseity. They make the Waldorf Waves gurgle a bit.

That version of QWave has seperate Oscillator Glides and PolyGlide features. No need for a Waldorf synth or VS. Well, I wouldn't mind owning those, but QWave offers much more modulation possibilities.

Anyway, Thanks Again for the great dev.'s. :D
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

:eek:

You get all the good stuff !! :lol:

Q-wave is definitely sick from what I've heard demo wise. Very cool indeed. :cool:

Mark
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yepp........It's what I do for a living, so it better be good.
You should be proud having the VM42 sttached to it.

BTW....I have misplaced that little EM tube thing you first made. Sadly I went back in to see what I could use it for and it's gone. :-?

Do you happen to have that little puppy laying around still?
I am surprising myself by using combinations of things, pretending I have toms of DSP when I don't. But I can at least have fun pretending I am using an XITE-1.

FAT's are way cool, and MCCY's VLWarmer is gorgeous, but the drive effect you have in the VM's is a whole nutha' Ice Cream flavor and I would like to make my own cones again and try it out.

Thanks N ADvance. :wink:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I've got everything I've ever done here on our main Scope/Sdk rig, but I've got no idea what it is you're saying you're looking for.