Mackie Control plugin for Scope / Reaper

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

pollux

Mackie Control plugin for Scope / Reaper

Post by pollux »

Hi,

This might be slightly OT since it's not a "scope" device, yet some might find it useful (feel free to move it to the correct board if this is not the right place)

I modified the Reaper MCU plugin for it to "ignore" and "not send" some information from/to the MCU, so that the MCU can be "shared" between a device in scope (Wolf's mixer in my case) and Reaper.

Basically it leaves the 8 channel strips and the master strip for the mixer, and consumes / sends feedack for the display and the global section (markers, transport, jog wheel, automation modes, zoom).

In order to use it, the SCOPE midi source must be sent both, to the mixer midi in and the seq midi dest, and the seq midi source and the mixer midi out must be merged into the SCOPE midi dest:
mcu_reaper_mixer.JPG
mcu_reaper_mixer.JPG (76.52 KiB) Viewed 2735 times

There are also a couple of reassignments to do in the mixer as of the defaults(in the master assignment the aux 1-4 should be set to 42-45 in order to leave the F1-F8 buttons for the markers in Reaper)

Here's the plugin:
reaper_csurf.zip
Reaper Plugin for MCU with Scope Mixer
(36.46 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Simply unzip it and replace the old reaper_csurf.dll in the Reaper/plugins folder with the new one. In the controller surface mode list, there should be a "Mackie Control Universal for SCOPE" and a "Mackie Control Extender for SCOPE" listed.

Feel free to give me any feedback, as there might be some issues around!

Cheers!

Raul
Shroomz~>

Re: Mackie Control plugin for Scope / Reaper

Post by Shroomz~> »

pollux wrote:This might be slightly OT since it's not a "scope" device, yet some might find it useful (feel free to move it to the correct board if this is not the right place)
Hi Raul, seems like a device relevant to Scope devices such as Wolf's MCU capable mixers, so I can't see why it would be moved. :)

Nice one! :cool:

cheers,
Mark