M2S

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Jah Servant

M2S

Post by Jah Servant »

This is a device to make a mono track stereo.
The invert button inverts the right side and you also have a delay control of the right side so you can adjust the stereo effect somewhat.
Knob design by the ex-Shroomz
enjoy

scroll down for a 4 in 8 out version
Attachments
M2S.zip
(328.18 KiB) Downloaded 1025 times
Last edited by Jah Servant on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Thx. I've not tried it yet but what do think the benefits of using this device are, over say routing mono to stereo?
dawman

Post by dawman »

It is a valuable option if you have external hardware analog mono synths. Even my old Oberheins ( R,I,P, :cry: ) had 12 mono sends, 18 when combined w/ the XPander.

I still have my mighty SE-1X to record with. When adding a stereo effect to a mono signal, I had to dedicate an entire AUX. Now I can use this.

I will see if it works in a mono insert slot of my FP106B, or FB5 / V82 mixers.

If it works as I suspect it to, a mic'd input could now have an external hardware reverb also. That frees up 2 of my 3 AUX's. :wink: This will help w/ mic'd vocals during a live gig, or performance.

Let's go see what tricks this little puppy can do.
Last edited by dawman on Sun May 25, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yeah this baby works great, but not as an inseret due to the external MIDI I/O control.

I actually like the way I can change the delay w/ a CC and a knob. It changes it's placemnt in the mix to fit with whatever other stero synth preset I might be using.

I must do a little demo that shows the difference on my external analog synth.

Thanks Jah Servant....it's a great device I will surely use in XITE-1.
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

irrelevance wrote:Thx. I've not tried it yet but what do think the benefits of using this device are, over say routing mono to stereo?
I guess it will be a little easier in that you can now do one set of processing on the signal, one eq, one compressor etc, instead of processing 2 channels separately. It's just a small thing that some people may use and many may not find it to be necessary, just an idea I had and with sdk little ideas can become reality quickly. In some situations it may be better to route mono to stereo, in others to use this device.

Jimmy, how do you find a use for almost everything? :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

When I got SpaceF's FB5 I started seeing how much I lacked in the way of mono effects.

Although he has the best in terms of filtering and stompbox style I wanted to use my Oberheim Echoplex for reverse delays and looping, while still applying an AUX where the real stereo effect can be heard. So I tried 2 x outs from the ADAT Source Module, etc. But that meant I had to use the chosen mono effect twice and have 2 summed signals, or use 1 signal and an AUX. Now my options have been expanded by simplifiacation. :wink:

The knob delay is the trick to use on this. It works as a thickener by doubling the signal and adjusting it's spread across the stereo field,

It makes getting the synth sound I like much easier, so it has helped me out.

Thanks.

The Pic Below Is To Honor Memerial Day's Fallen Heroes.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's how much I like M2S.

I can now expand QWave's 4 x mono AUX's into 8 discreet mono signals for SpaceF's V82 Mixer, and apply those lovely colorful mono effects and filters he has in his BBII package.

Each mono channel can have it's choice of using an LFO Modulator and Valve processing is built in, so the motion I can get on QWave is outstanding, as well as it's FAT sound due to the RDII Modules, and Mehdi's Oscillators.

I would die for a 4 in / 8 out version of M2S. :wink:

It isn't totally necessary, but rather a conveinence for the routing window's confined workspace.

In Case You Were Wondering If Your Stuff Get's Used.............................
dawman

Post by dawman »

SITTING_BULL_EINSTEIN
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

lucky you Jimmy, I'm waiting to track some drums and the drummer is late so I fixed this up for you, enjoy
:D
Attachments
4M8S.zip
(347.12 KiB) Downloaded 628 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Man Or Myth....................Jah Servant.

You Are Definately A God Amongst Men. :D

It works perfectly, and the presets work fine.

The Proof's In Da' Pudding. :wink:

I haven't been kissing your ass, just thanking you for your extremely useful SDK projects, and devices.

But this definately means your cheeks will be obstructing my veiw from now on.

Thanks So Much.
pollux

Post by pollux »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:New effects, new monitors, new devices,.......what a great Scope week I am having. Each pair of mono sends from the 4M8S are hard panned, w/ separate SpaceF effects, and LFO Modulations.......sounds like the Gods of Olympus have returned.
Jimmy,

From what I could understand, the knob in the M2S module manages the delay of the mono channel in the stereo image, so turning it right increases the depth of the image, and turning it left decreases it.

I didn't notice any effect of it on the panning, I do it on the mixer after the M2S... Am I missing something here??

Cheers!!

Raul
dawman

Post by dawman »

That's exactly what it does, but listen to what the depth can do within the stereo field of an Auxillery Buss.

II forgot to mention I use an all AUX mix where 3 or 4 stereo AUX's have external hardware reverbs or DSP Delays as the effect.

For my analog synth I use Mehdi's AUX Delay w/ 0% Bleedover, so it's completely alone in this path.

This is an unconventional way to mix, but I just use this method for synthesizers, and occasional drums where distance / depth is needed.

Last week I got a nice pair of nearfields that can be upgrade to 5.1, and mixes I made w/ my headphones sound absolutely horrible.

I A/B my mixes now w/ the wireless 3 way stereo ear monitors and they revealed way too much lows and highs.

But even the smallest tweaks can be heard now in my all AUX mixes.
pollux

Post by pollux »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:That's exactly what it does, but listen to what the depth can do within the stereo field of an Auxillery Buss.

II forgot to mention I use an all AUX mix where 3 or 4 stereo AUX's have external hardware reverbs or DSP Delays as the effect.

For my analog synth I use Mehdi's AUX Delay w/ 0% Bleedover, so it's completely alone in this path.

This is an unconventional way to mix, but I just use this method for synthesizers, and occasional drums where distance / depth is needed.

Last week I got a nice pair of nearfields that can be upgrade to 5.1, and mixes I made w/ my headphones sound absolutely horrible.

I A/B my mixes now w/ the wireless 3 way stereo ear monitors and they revealed way too much lows and highs.

But even the smallest tweaks can be heard now in my all AUX mixes.
That's very interesting :) I'm gonna try that out on a drum take.

Would be great if you post some more details on the tips n' tricks section :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

The threaed has evolved in that direction.

I will just use my new gear and do an all synth and drum mix in the music thread.

Besides there are a couple of really good tips there and they need to stay on top of the thread. :lol:

The 4M8S when used on QWave or Multi-Synth is really awesome. Separate effects and depth per synth AUX or BUS.

If you notice the stereo outs on QWave can be dry and mixed w/ the AUX outs of the synth for even more tweaks.

It acts like the Mix knob in the V82, which can also offset the AUX knob amount above the VU's in the V82. :wink:
Music Manic

Re: M2S

Post by Music Manic »

Ah! this is great.
Is there an S2M?

Thanks