MInSt and Midi Hosts

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Jah Servant

MInSt and Midi Hosts

Post by Jah Servant »

Hi all, a couple of tools, I don't know if something like these are around already, but I haven't come across them if so.

MInSt is a mono insert that can then accept Stereo effects so you can insert a stereo effect in a mono channel, so if you want to insert masterverb on a mono channel you can now. Everything goes through the left channel only.

Midi Host is just an insert you can use to host an effect that doesn't have midi control. So you can insert a scope delay now and midi control it. But you have to save your midi control assignment as a preset on the device itself, it doesn't save with the projects, not sure if this can be done or not but I don't know how to do it. When you reload the project just reload the midi control preset.

enjoy
Attachments
MInst and Midi Host.zip
(86.48 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Thanks Jah Servant.

Just to let you know incase you didn't know already:- Stereo FX will load in mono inserts if you copy the stereo FX you wish to load accross to the mono directory (making new folders for reverb etc to put them in can be usefull too).
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Useful stuff thanks. Would be nice if midi host functionality was incorporated into mixer inserts.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Excellent.

Obviously a mind reader.

Vocals, Rotary Cabinets, mic pres,....... :D
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

thanks Shroomz, I didn't know that, interesting
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

stardust wrote:So the restriction is only related to the path ?.
Sort of, yes.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

exactly. :wink:
grappa

Post by grappa »

Thanks so much for the midi host - I've been desperate for something like this for ages.

I can finally use my Control Freak to control Dynatube - trying move a mouse whilst holding a guitar (and constantly bashing it into stuff) was starting to really p*ss me off.

Don't know how anyone uses Dynatube without a hardware interface tbh - perhaps it's just me.

Anyway thanks again.

Simon