Moderators: valis, garyb

hifiboom

BDX ValveDrive Processor

Post by hifiboom »

Okay here is a new device from my side.
:)

Use for very different tasks:

(1) valve compression from soft to hard to fresh up final mixes
(2) loudness maximation; adding distortion in areas where our ear is not that intelligent to hear the distortion as that and just think it sounds louder and better.
(3)overdrive; soft to heavy distortion for single sample sound like kicks and vocals.

no manual this time. :)
I hope you get out how it works.

It has preset list already holding some examples for work cases.
Just click on the card slot. :D

best reagrds and have fun with our fusion platform. :lol:
Attachments
BDX 01 S.zip
(490.34 KiB) Downloaded 1537 times
screeni
screeni
screenshot.JPG (46.27 KiB) Viewed 12705 times
Plato

Post by Plato »

Wow...thank you v.much
hubird

Post by hubird »

looking good :-) thanks Hifi.
zangsta

Post by zangsta »

This one is great!!! :P I simply love it!! Thank you VERY much!!

Jörgen
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nice work Hifiboom.

I will play w/ this next week when I get back to Vegas.

I really love the rack mount look, I use Forte and it uses little 1U's as it's GUI also.

Starke Und Ehre...................
basati

Post by basati »

realy heavy sounding 8) 8)

:D

thank you! very much.
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

These guys really know their shit .that'll always amaze me.

Looks really good, as usual

Thanks

Richard Hargrave
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884
dawman

Post by dawman »

I was wondering,

Can the BDX VDP do Lo-Fi stuff?

The knob choices look similar to a VST effect that I am using for vocals.

I have some headroom left on my 36 DSP rig, and would love to add more Lo-Fi properly distributed to my Melotron samples, which sound too damn pretty. The B2003 sounds good since I had the crossovers adjusted for my rotary cabinet, but the new VST effect doesn't seem to fix the Melotron freqs the way I like. I use to have such a broader sound spectrum w/ hardware. The Upright Piano was mic'd and had a great mid range quality, the Oberheims picked up the bottom end, and the Melotron and B3 w/ Leslie's were the big Lo-Fi's back then.

Could this give me the AM Radio sound I seek?

Sorry, I can't wait. I am away from my DAWg's ATM and was just wondering of the BDX VDP's possibilities. Since I carry a USB stick at all times, I do have it saved. Chance favors the prepared mind.
emphazer

Post by emphazer »

very nice plugin.
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is great.

You guys want to hear what a Melotron really sounded like?

Put this on the ancient SI Vintage String Boxes samples.

It's perfect !!

I like it so much I went and bought GMedia's VSTi of the Chamberlain / Melotron libraries, w/ Vocals, Brass, Flutes, etc.

Lo-Fi insertions into live performances or recordings can really give some great results.

This device actually allows one to decide how deep or shallow those textures will sit in a mix.

AWESOME.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

scope4live wrote:This is great.

You guys want to hear what a Melotron really sounded like?

Put this on the ancient SI Vintage String Boxes samples.

It's perfect !!

I like it so much I went and bought GMedia's VSTi of the Chamberlain / Melotron libraries, w/ Vocals, Brass, Flutes, etc.
Nice tip. Will try on my GMedia M-Tron, also their new VSM instrument (Vintage String Machine) should sound pretty damn tasty too. Hell, Oddity and impOSCar are going to get it too! Those dawgs will hunt!
zangsta

Post by zangsta »

Yesterday I spent some time using it as a pre-amp before Celmos guitar-amp, and got a really nice distorsion and sustain, reminding me of my old FuzzFace, and I will certainly get much deeper into that at some other time. :)
I´m back home from hospital, recovering from a hernia-surgery , so I´m not really dancing much at the moment..... :cry:

Jörgen
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am awaiting the GMedia's arrival. I am sure that it will sound better than the SI ancient shit I have.

But to hear the fidelity decrease w/ this device, along with the volume, I knew I found that elusive authenticity.

I shall watch for their VSM also. But I have some excellent samples of that unit. They really nailed it in SI's VSB, and again in Muse GVI plug in.

I'm happy as a pig in shit. :D

The beauty of it is when it is layered or played alongside of a synth. From using the Oberheims next to a melotron for years, I can say it is spot on.

An excellent Contribution young Hifiboom.............Your Father should be proud !!!

Mr. A,.....Let me know how it sounds immediately,...please. I am so impatient at times I become irratating. I actually fast forward through movie DVD's and piss WJ off supremely.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I`m very glad that you all like it as much as I do. :D

:P

thanks for all your great comments... :)

and yes, it should work fine as guitar drive buzzfuzz box at "hotter" drive settings too. check the distortion presets.

Actually I`ve not added guitar presets yet.... just tur the bass gain a bit down on the distortion presets and add higher transient parts a bit...

maybe I`ll do an preset update soon.

An additional CARD for the pcmcia slot. hahaha :lol:
dawman

Post by dawman »

I just tried my antique SG Special via Mesa Boogie out.

This is alot of fun, and good for me also.

I am way rusty on guitar. Especially for a guy who was doing Steve Howe solos note for note when I was 16. What a waste.

I realised after hearing Keith Emerson play in 1972 where my future was though. I just got my liscense, and will never forget that talented performer, ever.

He was worshipped like a God in my clan.

I gotta go play Take A Pebble,...............................see ya.

Ah almost forgot, A slightly overdriven source into this sounds really great. I have tried an Old Farfisa, and a Ripper Bass, but never tried guitar. This is a treat. Especially w/ all of those sick delays I use now.

I now know why many of our forum members play guitar through Scope, and why DynaTube is so awesome.

Jesus, Joeseph, Mary !!! Now I wanna go buy that. I need help.
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is great to have in Scope. Funny it doesn't do vocals like I thought it would, but I have a great plug for that anyway.

But I have made 4 killer presets after listening to some old CD's and have actually tweaked these to perfection, and can call them up in a snap.

Here's their names:

Moody Blues ( Knights In White Satin )
David Bowie ( Major Tom )
Yes ( Heart Of The Sunrise )
Tomita ( Clare de Lune )

It works great on vocals, but they must be of the Melotron type. It is better suited for instruments.

But I haven't even recieved my GMedia Melotron yet. I am still using my ancient but good sounding Sonic Implants sample.

It's nice to have presets and variations on my Melotron now.

These little details seem insignificant until you play live, and actually see people's faces change when certain sounds of a mix change. Not just another sample, but a synth w/ great delay to a Grand Piano w/ georgeous reverb and pedaling, to low bit Melotron samples, to a buzzy BP Filter sweep of a Bowen synth, etc. This is just another great weapon of character.

Your Best Device Yet.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I realized that I forgot to add an input potentiometer which is need to dial in proper drive on different volume input signals....

It will be excluded from presetlist, so you can set it up and exchange presets without affecting the input value....

I should fix this asap.
dawman

Post by dawman »

How about a Bowenesque style insert rack for RDII Modules? :D

Comb II...........................Day-amn !!
zangsta

Post by zangsta »

scope4live wrote:This is great to have in Scope. Funny it doesn't do vocals like I thought it would, but I have a great plug for that anyway.

It works great on vocals, but they must be of the Melotron type. It is better suited for instruments.

Hmm...maybe it works better with some tight compression ahead of it, when used on vocals?

Jörgen
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

stardust wrote:Damnn this is a real good one hifi.
Its so flexible but still stays usable in sound.

thx
thanks !

BTW it was already used successfully in one of my demo tracks:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/download.php?id=2239

to fresh up the drumloop(which was way to boring at first)
so I gave it the certain roughness....
You won`t believe me that it is the worse sounding lm-7 drum VSTi.... :)