BC MODULAR v0.96b

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: BC MODULAR v0.91b

Post by dawman »

This was released like a miltary strategist or Russian Chessmaster.
All of these tools and hard work you have done are greatly apprecated.
Knowing the quality of work you put into C4Tb, I am really anxious to dig into these Oscillators.
Of course Behringer should start writing you a thank you letter also, as I am buying the 2 models today, and will make sure they know why in the additional comments box.

Ladies & Gentlemen.............Sharc.

Thanks So Much.

The GUI's are perfect BTW for the BC's and the fact there's a 48 is truly phenominal.
Hell I know guys that will buy an XITE-1 just because of this.
BCMODULAR.JPG
They are so colrful and customizable too.
Perfection on all levels......even the edit windows are flawless.

The AT Sensitivity Bi Polar doesn't allow Color changes, but I am a moron and probably wrong about that......The fact it is a BiPolar module for Modular is the real prize.
Besides I need a little gray in my life.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

very cool stuff around here.

Thanks!!!

where is the long awaited xite to use all this extensively.. :D
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

1. Make an announcement, this ain't just a small update!!!!
2. I have only put two of your modules in my project, however, i LOVE your design concept!!!
The pop-ups are genious, we never had this depth in modular before, and still we never had modules take up so little screen space either...

I have no clue about sound yet, so i cant comment on that...

Incredibly nice work. You continue to suprise.

edit: debt? depth? my english is getting more and more sluggish... dang.
Last edited by next to nothing on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: Of course Behringer should start writing you a thank you letter also, as I am buying the 2 models today, and will make sure they know why in the additional comments box.

Ladies & Gentlemen.............Sharc.
I would be too bussy turning their attention toward our beloved platform ...

And SHARC!!! Man, totally thank you so much for this. Really!!
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

OMG !!! And I have the house to myself tonight and tomorrow night - absolutely amazing. Expect a full module listing, etc on my site soon!

Thanks sharc, most exciting news in ages!

Ben
David

Post by David »

An incredible addition to modular - a big cheers :D
sharc

Post by sharc »

Thanks for all the comments so far folks 8)

I'd like to say thanks to HUROLURA, Neutron & hifiboom for taking the time to beta test it over the past few months - Your help has been much appreciated. No doubt one or two 'features' have slipped through the net, but hopefully those will be ironed out by the time we reach v1.00.

I'm working on a User Manual at the moment, but meanwhile, if anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask :)
Last edited by sharc on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Sorry i couldnt be more helpful with the beta, It is a fantastic concept and some screen shots ought to be presented on various BCR threads on KVR etc.
it could help BCR and Scope sales. even the modular, thats a really powerful thing. i mean it is massive!
sharc

Post by sharc »

Neutron wrote:Sorry i couldnt be more helpful with the beta
Your help was much appreciated Neutron.
Neutron wrote:It is a fantastic concept and some screen shots ought to be presented on various BCR threads on KVR etc.
Good idea. The Modular as a whole does certainly deserve more exposure. I'll look into getting some sort of Press Release together :)
igge1

Post by igge1 »

:o Oh My...

Excellent work indeed. That makes almost 900 modules in my Scope installation. :o :D Granted, some of them are in more than one folder but I'm too lazy to fix that. :lol:
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Wow Sharc thanks!

Can other scope devices be controlled from the control modules? I can't seem to get a midi output.
sharc

Post by sharc »

irrelevance wrote:Can other scope devices be controlled from the control modules? I can't seem to get a midi output.
The BCM modules will work, but it's the full 0-127 MIDI cc range that they output, except for the buttons which I suppose could be useful for what you suggest.

The other modules only send out on preset changes. However, most (possibly all) other Scope devices won't respond to the MIDI data they send out - at least not the way you would expect them to.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Ok. I realised that moving the knobs on screen that I can get a midi output but if my bcr controls the same knob then I don't get any midi output. Why is that? If I take the control output and put it through wolfs val2control then i can get the midi output. Is there a way to set this up directly within the control edit sharc?
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

sry for all the questions but whats the function of the circuit level module?
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

irrelevance wrote:sry for all the questions but whats the function of the circuit level module?
Try clicking on stuff. It opens new stuff inside. :wink:
The circuit level module is a modular in the modular.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Hi Sharc

I'm trying to make a simple patch ending up with
Linear volume attenuator
a 1:2 switch
... and then to the output

I run into an issue though. The a-sync switch connects to the attenuator - but not to the output. With the sync switch, the scenario is reversed.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I believe, I've found another one. When trying to control the "mute" (it is an on-off switch) - I get this when activating. The mute apparently switch still responds - but it does not output signal in any of the positions, and it gives an error message. If I close the error message, I can on off again, and then it again gives a new error message.

Edit: The error disapears when I disconnect the volume attenuator (volume) from the on-off switch (mute). I exchanged the mute with yet another volume attenuator, and that works just fine as a mute. I guess the on-off switch is just not made for audio signals?
Attachments
Bug1.jpg
Bug1.jpg (228.9 KiB) Viewed 3825 times
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Immanuel wrote:
irrelevance wrote:sry for all the questions but whats the function of the circuit level module?
Try clicking on stuff. It opens new stuff inside. :wink:
The circuit level module is a modular in the modular.
Ahh I thought as much. I'm still getting this display bug in my modular shell where all of the drop down folder menus are missing. So I'm still having to load from the file explorer. It doesn't look like this is possible for the circuit level module though as it doesn't stay on top when I shift focus to explorer.
sharc

Post by sharc »

irrelevance wrote:Ok. I realised that moving the knobs on screen that I can get a midi output but if my bcr controls the same knob then I don't get any midi output. Why is that? If I take the control output and put it through wolfs val2control then i can get the midi output. Is there a way to set this up directly within the control edit sharc?
The BCM modules have a Thru path which merges MIDI In with MIDI Out. To avoid a MIDI feedback loop, there's MIDI filter on the the Thru path, which filters out CC messages on the selected Midi channel. This way you can chain BCM's MIDI together, so long as they all use different MIDI channels.

Depending on the way you've got your MIDI connections and MIDI controller set up, the feedback issue might not arise, so I'll take a look at adding a switch to bypass the MIDI filter. For now, the only alternative is to use a MIDI merger module to merge the MIDI input signal and BCM MIDI Out.