TUBE_TAPER update with SHROOMZ gui AND rework !!

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hey Dave, you're making me think I should carry on with my previously planned Tube Strip update. :D

all the best,
Mark
devastate

Post by devastate »

I wait in anticipation, I love the current one, I saw in your own posts you were not quite happy with the original but I've found I get a lovely warm sound from it, whether using it mildly or extreme.

a 16 channel mixer version wouldn't go amiss :lol: but am just as happy pulling in strips as they come :D

thanks again

Dave
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Musurgio,

I finally gave this a whirl tonight and found a perfect use for it.

I was looking for something that could give me that round buzzy sound on my Wurlitzer 200A Library that uses the B2003's Leslie emulation. The B2003 has a decent rotary emu, but the Distortion and Overdrive features are just not suited for an EPiano, but rather drawbars, etc.

In Gigastudio 4 there's a great Mesa Boogie Tweed Impulse Reverb that has tube mic modelling, but it was lacking some depth. Your Bass Root and Thumb features added the warmth to that effect, and since the B2003's Leslie had the same shortcomings, the Tube Taper added the perfect ingredient for an awesome sounding EPiano, which gave the perfect sound I needed,

I was trying to get the 200A sound that Bonham got in the recording of " No Quarter ", from the Houses Of The Holy recordings, and it is spot on.

I am sure you were thinking of another use when you made this, but I have found a perfect sound match for my needs.

Thank You Very Much.

BTW, the awesome IR below was created by a fellow member of the Z, who is on the developement team for Gigastudio 4.
voidar

Re: TUBE_TAPER update with SHROOMZ gui AND rework !!

Post by voidar »

I really like this as a compressor for toms. Especially in combination with SPL Transient Designer.

TubeTaper naturally scoops the mids some and it adds a lot of boom if called for.