Colossus v0_9

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

hubird

Post by hubird »

+1
well Sharcy, this could be gold if you could make it to an adventure in sound and chemicals :-) :-)
sharc

Post by sharc »

No updates on this one at the moment.

I've been working on another project for the past few weeks, but I promise to come back to the Colussus once it's completed. :)

The long overdue C4T update will have to wait I'm afraid, as the CAT I was using for reference has broken down on me (must've used up it's 9 lives :P )

I've still got high hopes for Colussus though :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

The C4T's sound is fantastic, and it emulates that naturally out of tune analog character via the modulation choices very well.

That synth is still a fine monosynth for lead and bass work. I thought it only lacked the pitch bend option. :cry:

I can imagine how fierce that synth would be w/ polyphonic voice counts. Right up there w/ Minimax.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

stardust wrote:take your time as you need it :)
Exactly. 1st January 2008 will be fine.
dawman

Post by dawman »

As my Beaner buddies would say,.......CHINGALAY CABRON !!

Just wanted to say to you Sharc. Colossus has a very powerful sound. It doesn't sound like an EPno as most will percieve but a very FAT BASTARD poly comp device for sure. I am in no position to tell an SDK developer what to do, but this has such a powerful sound as it is, only some diversity with timbre would be needed.

I mourn the loss of your C4T. :cry:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

scope4live wrote:I mourn the loss of your C4T. :cry:
It's ok.... Just needs to go to James Walker for servicing at some point. :wink:
borg

Post by borg »

veryverynice!
Thanks a bunch.
I just setup my gear after being in a box for a few months, and thought I'd try it out with Martin's fluliq and I was on another planet for a few hours...
I'm off again, please don't disturb... :D
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

Just wanted to say that this is lovely!

Haven't played on it much, but the pickup knob seems to determine some level of saturation when playing multiple keys at a time - I've never played a real Rhodes or Wurli :cry: so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be played through an amp or amp sim, or whether it's an all-in-one job?

Thank you! Lovely plug-in (and a lovely UI!)

Cheers,

Chris
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

any chance of any updates?? :)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

chriskorff wrote:Just wanted to say that this is lovely!

Haven't played on it much, but the pickup knob seems to determine some level of saturation when playing multiple keys at a time - I've never played a real Rhodes or Wurli :cry: so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be played through an amp or amp sim, or whether it's an all-in-one job?

Thank you! Lovely plug-in (and a lovely UI!)

Cheers,

Chris
Yes, I've found too much internal distortion/saturation, I really hope for an update or better a 1.0 version ;)
I miss a decent Wurli/Rodesh in Scope enviroment!
This is the candidate n° one for this...
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
sharc

Post by sharc »

Thanks again for the feedback. You can expect an update sometime this year. :)
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

Aha!

Turning down Pickup AND Level reduces the saturation considerably! Before I was just turning down Pickup and it was still breaking up very easily, but turning down Level and then compensating with the master volume has sorted that right out.

Also, I just wanted to say that I've spent an hour or so this morning playing with this plug-in, and it's absolutely fucking lush. Thank you Sharc!
dawman

Post by dawman »

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... highlight=

This sound is not available as an EPiano anywhere but here.

Even the PhysModded Lounge Lizzard doesn;t have these tines, or thickness.

The octave only pitchbend option is a trademark also. :D
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

I gave this is good workout and really enjoy the growl. It sounds like you are going for an emulation but for my use I love the tone but would like to have a more envelope controls, release sustain. This tone when precessed with effects sounds very inspiring to me and very useful for my ambient creations. More synth like parameters would really bump up its utility . Thanks so much for this!
sharc

Post by sharc »

New version (v0.9) available for download :)

- Added preset capability
- Tone controls on EDIT panel didn't work - FIXED

Over 1000 downloads later, I've decided this really needed presets. The feedback this device has received so far has been very encouraging and I'd like to say thanks once again to everyone who has taken the time to try it out and comment here.

There are still a few niggles here and there which I'd like to address on this plugin (ie. ranges and curves on a few of the parameters) but for those of you who have grown accustomed to the device as is, I thought it would only be fair to provide a version with preset capability.

For folks who were expecting/hoping for more features in this release...

COMING SOON

Ridgeback - Electric Piano Synthesizer

Building on the success of the free Colossus Electric Piano for Scope, Ridgeback will offer many more features and cover a much wider range of EP type sounds than it's predecessor. More info to follow in due course :)
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

I cant wait for a good E piano!! one of the things that have been missing for a long time here on scope! THANKS ALOT!!!!
thank you!
katano

Post by katano »

I really like this one! how about a few sharc favourite presets? ;-)

Cheers
Roman
sharc

Post by sharc »

The 'sharc favourites' are on the To-Do list for v1.0 :wink:
katano

Post by katano »

big thumbs up :-)
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Thank you Sharc.

Could not resist to post a few presets achieved with this smart new instrument !!!:

Here they are:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 913#213913

CheerZ