KickMe Too!

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Post by at0m »

ChampionSound,

If you're using IExplorer, try emptying your Temporary Internet Files, and then download the file again. The file in your cache may be corrupt, and may not really have been downloaded a second time. I just tried, and the link works fine here...

Oh, and you've got mail :>

Best wishes,

at0m.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

Thanks for your help At0m!

Unfortunately the emtying Temporary Internet Files trick didn't work, but I downloaded it from another computer, and now it works!
The problem was that the downloaded filesize wasn't the full 396kb on my computer, but less, even after a few attempts.

Really cool device! Very very very useful... :D

Oh and At0m, I got your mail. Thanks for your help again and best whishes! (Dank je wel!) :)
Chisel

Re: KickMe Too!

Post by Chisel »

I can't get KickMe Too! to run in XTC mode. I know the dll trick and I've been using the original KickMe in XTC mode since it came out. Scope complains that XTC device isn't properly installed. Anyone get this device working in XTC mode?

Thanks,
chisel
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

stardust wrote:Hi chisel, I checked it this morning and yes it works for me in XTC mode with SX3 and scope 4.5.
I copied a synth dll and named it exactly like the dev.
Dont forget the exclamation mark.
Thanks, stardust. After I read your response, I went back and figured out the configuration issue that was preventing me from loading new XTC devices. Now everything works fine!

Peace \/
chisel

http://www.soundclick.com/chisel316
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

Just want to say one more time that I really love this device, and that I'm still hoping for an option for keyboard tracking on the tune parameter (in semitones)... And in the meanwhile I'll try to keep patient (if it's ever made at all). ;)
valis

Post by valis »

ChampionSound wrote:Just want to say one more time that I really love this device, and that I'm still hoping for an option for keyboard tracking on the tune parameter (in semitones)... And in the meanwhile I'll try to keep patient (if it's ever made at all). ;)
Try dropping assaf a pm or email (via adern) every now & then, he's a busy fellow and might need a reminder here & there...
devastate

Post by devastate »

Fantastic, I love the new tracking version great fun, thank you very much for this, just downloaded mojo and xor for a squizz too. :D
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

I just checked out the new Bassline version yesterday, Whoooaa!! :o

Instant jungle, drum&bass or hiphop 808 kick / sinewave basses in pristine flexor qualtity! :D

One could see the keyboard tracking addition as a minor improvement, but man, this device puts an ever bigger smile on my face now. Normally, if I wanted to use the kickme as a bassline, I had to sample one kick and transpose it, but then one would get aliasing artifacts in the higher regions and at the same time you'd lose the punchy attack in the lower regions. Besides that the duration of the sample wouldn't be constant (and timestretching to preserve the same length just doesn't sound as good)
Creating multisamples as an alternative wasn't that easy either. Because the tune parameter wasn't stepped in semitones, you never could make perfect semitone intervals to sample it. Further precise tuning had to be done by hearing in the sampler... As you can see, for me it was quite time consuming ;)

So thanks again Assaf, for this valuable addition!

cheers!
Merkury

Post by Merkury »

punchiest kick ever made,'nuff said :D
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

ok, so there is a new kickme too version!
ReD_MuZe wrote:some small additional details:

for anyone who hasn't noticed, KickMe has a new subversion: KickMe too + which can also follow the keyboards pitch.
http://adern.com/home/modules.php?name= ... eview&id=7

. Kick Me Too! +
Description: Bass Drum Synthesizer V2! Now with a "BassLine Edition" that follows the keyboard.
Version: 2.1 Filesize: 775.02 Kb
Added on: 13-Mar-2009
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Just wanted to bump this to say many many thanks. I'm really getting into using this these days and it's fantastic! 8)