C4T Monosynth v0.4b - Last updated (31/05/07)

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Lima

Post by Lima »

Beautiful! Thankyou! :-D
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Nice synth with a large sound potential, thank you.
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is a great sounding synth. Good work using AM.

After doing this retro gig which focused mainly on big thick analog pads, meletrons, etc., I needed to keep busy with new sounds to keep ideas flowing. QWave, SB404, and CAT work well together.

I promised my son I would teach him parts of tunes from the Fast And The Furious II ( Tokyo ). Lots of great little licks and synths in the soundtrack.

This is good practice 4 me. CAT's S & H options are great. Since QWave, and SB404 have a lot of motion, I needed a FAT BASTARD for my mono stuff, but motion was the focus, and CAT had no problems hanging out with the big boys.

You came out of the gate strong w/ your first synth, congradulations are in order. Since you aren't in Atlantic City, I shall drink your Jaeger 4 ya.
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

I come here three times a day to check if a version with presets is available now...
Great idea when I need to get work done.... Thanks guys :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

Bifop

Post by Bifop »

:D Thanks a lot Hubird !!
Great sound. I love the duet. :wink:

I actually know how this synth sounds, I'm more after a version that retains the presets I did....
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

They say patience is a virtue :cool:
the19thbear

i

Post by the19thbear »

I tested the cat synth and i LOVE IT!!! i´m really in love with this good old synht! i have one problem though..

i have the bcf2000 midi controller. If i assign it to control, lets say the filter cutoff of the c4t synth ( and other scope synths..), i get uneven movement response: the filter has an audible uneven filter sweep, ( it skips certain freq's, = if i move a fader up slowly, the cutt off should rise slowly analogieously with the fader, but it skips certain points in the movement..). I can cotrolle some scope synths fine "thrust" ( now thats a cool one too!!), and all my vst synth perfectly.
What i am asking you shroomz, is if you could implement a midi interpolator thingie.. ( like in the scope synth thrust) so all the midi values will smoothen up!

but dont get me wrong THIS IS AMAZING!!! i cant believe how fast you spit out new devices!! i would buy the scope card just to use all of the plugs you make!!

thanks!!
sharc

Post by sharc »

This shouldn't be a problem. We'll take a look at smoothing out the control for the next update.
katano

Post by katano »

man and myth, shroomz and sharc :D
Hysteric

Post by Hysteric »

Absolutely Fantastic, I had a Kitten many years ago and up to now have never been able to get that sound and I have been looking. You don't know how close I came to getting ReaKtor just because they apparantly have an emulation. A couple of minutes with this synth and I knew my search was over. Great work guys, Thank you very much. :D :D :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

GaryB is up here re doing and upgrading all DAW's. I have used the CAT w/ the ProOne, and the 404 and had some fun, but it has a new home w/ the analog FAT BASTARD SE-1x, and ProOne. Wow, what a great addition it is.

I still need to use hardware as long as I can rack it up, it will have a home. I just want to get my hands on that Oakley filter from Moxi after the new work is done, and these 3 synths should be quite a nice mono beast to mix and use live.

Checkout the Sinewave generators on the new Studio Electronics Code Synth.
I shall stop while I'm ahead, as it is 5300 USD for the model I want , and Solaris comes first. But if you ever add more to the already awesome S & H options, the Sinewave would be so sweet.

I still don't understand why such great things have to be free. But sometimes I just get lucky.

Thanks Again 4 A FAT BASTARD,
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Im starting to get to know this beast pretty well, and it is making some marvelous noise! ive had it running on some of SpaceF's Blackbox effects, its a match made in heaven! Modulating pulswith brings out sweet transients which swirls around beutifully.

Top Class Mate(s)!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Oh Yes,
SpaceF's Echo 35, and that great little Synth FX w/ inserts is awesome for such a beast. We are just a bunch of spoiled brats thanks to the SDK efforts of a few here. I don't have the time to learn SDK, and after seeing what some have done w/ it, I would rather they create, and I perform. Much better that way.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have got this synth to sound like the 2600 the way that Herbie Hqancock, and Zawinul used it. It does that mono buzzy patch w/' the LFO set real slow for nice changing. This hasn't been used live yet, but it desperately needs presets that are storable, that is when you update it brotha' man SHARC.

Man In The Green Shirt off of the Tale Spinnin' Album from Weather Report, and Butterfly off of the Thrust album by Herbie Hancock. That sound I speak of is easily done in Modular, but C4T does this mono FAT SHIT effortlessly, and totally controllable modulations.

You really shouild finish this synth, it is the best free synth I ever have seen, or recieved. To me it is complete, but needs the preset storage desperately.
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

scope4live wrote: You really shouild finish this synth, it is the best free synth I ever have seen, or recieved. To me it is complete, but needs the preset storage desperately.
+1

I want it badly too... :wink:
Jimmy, any chance to hear some of your sound mixtures and keyboard licks someday ? I'm sure it must be great stuff !
hubird

Post by hubird »

Bifop wrote: Jimmy, any chance to hear some of your sound mixtures and keyboard licks someday ? I'm sure it must be great stuff !
+1 :-D
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am feverish to post, as I have some really unique sounding tunes from using these synths. I must admit though, I really steal presets from the guys who are great at this, but tweak and learn their way of programming to fit my style of synth work.

I will receive 2 key pieces of kit which I am told will cure my Cubase 4 troubles 4 sure.

I will share what I consider to be very unique 4 synth styles as the presets are fit for the songs, as opposed to making songs after hearing a preset.

It is original high energy fusion jams, which groove and harmony are the keys, then the presets simply fuse the tunes together.

It will be part of my Tascam demo I have been asked to do. I will have to wear my wise guy outfit to be unique in appearance also. I hate cigars, but I must play the role. Tony Barbetta has given me a few tips too, as he is the wise guy of powered keyboard cabinets.

Soon after this picture was taken, Tony yelled out ,..........O.K.,..bring them Mexican folks back in her and finish these amps,...Chingalay Cabrones !!!
sharc

Post by sharc »

Update - Version 0.4 (Now with presets!!!)

See first page for download and more details :)
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

sharc, good work !!

this version looks much better without the sidebars

+ the preset list is very nice...

+++ thumbs up +++