Can someone upload SATURN?

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Scotty

Can someone upload SATURN?

Post by Scotty »

I've read some good things about this one. Circa 1999. The files are out of date and the code is old but I'd like just the same. If someone has it can it be reposted? Many thanks. Scott
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Have fun
Attachments
Saturn_Jngaelin.zip
Saturn Zip
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 960 times
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Many thanks :) - Scotty
dawman

Post by dawman »

BTW,
This is a great sounding, and learning synth. The Roland / Oberheim filter switch seems to grease up the sound a little in a good way, but hardly comes close to an Oberheim's filter. But one could use this on every one of the 16 MIDI channels w/ 4 to 8 voice polyphony stored in the preset itself. It's sound / DSP usage ratio is excellant.
Try loading 2 of these, and send then to Shroomz / Sharc's VM-42. Match or mix presets w/ additional detuning,i.e. I use 2 x Saturns and match the exact patches, but detune all Oscillators on synth #1 use +1, and -1, synth #2 use +5, and -5. Chorus on #1, Flange on #2, and get rid of the crappy delay if it's in the preset, and use your own choice in the VM-42 insert mix. Drive on full, and also experiment w/ HP filter choices on the VM-42. This is a FAT sounding low DSP experiment, which rocks IMHO.

Have Fun,
Mydriasis

Re: Can someone upload SATURN?

Post by Mydriasis »

I know this is an old post but i just stumbled across it and tried out Saturn.

Really nice little synth. Who made it?

Just wanted to say thanks :)
cortone

Post by cortone »

I believe it was Rainer Hain, as part of a review of the new Creamware system. I think this was distributed with the German keyboard magazine. He used to be active on the old yahoo and egroups forums. I wonder if XITE would be able to attract back delevopers like Guy Eastwood, Stephen Hummel, and even John Cooper? Lots of helpful people back then too, I always wonder what happened to Mark Robinson, Erik de Vries, or James Johnson when old forums and lists transitioned and PlanetZ appeared.

Anybody remember Dupont3? Or on a positive note, how about Harley Krishna?

And lots of people who were driving Scope forward in the early days are still around here, Ben Walker, Mehdi T, John Bowen...
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

yeah, I remember those guys now.
fun times...

Maybe Xite will entice them to come back. There's plenty of room.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
David

Post by David »

+1
Approximate reading time: 1 minute