VM-1242 .. no longer available

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

This w/o a doubt has to be the best free mixer ever made 4 Scope.

Love The Name Too,.....R.I.P.
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is a buzzing beauty. The sound via the gain, is perfect for adding the right amounts, and the EQ is well thought out. This is no doubt my new Giga mixer, I prefer filters and valve 4 synths, but for samplers this is 6 stereo channels of vintage grit. Stereo panned Rhodes w/ the VM-1242 is as good as my Rhodes w/ the TC Electronics Chorus pedal, and 2 x Bose satellites, ala 1982.

This Dog Will Hunt,
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Cheers Jim.

6 stereo link functions allowing 6 stereo pairs will follow....
the19thbear

hey

Post by the19thbear »

new suggestion, dont know if its possible... MACKIE CONTROL, or atleast something that reminds me of it...! i´m really missing this feature on all the cw mixers.. i want to use my bcf2000!
is it possible to do? maybe not with this mixer, but with the scope sdk?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Greed............................mans purest emotion. Check out the site for a custom design www.ucapps.de
dobermate

Post by dobermate »

Hey Jimmy, are you gonna make a ucapps-controller yourself or will you have someone help you? I am REALLY interested in making (well, directing someone to do it for me :)) a custom Scope controller for the studio w flying faders and all.

Not sure about the license rights for ucapps and all, but couldn't somebody technically talented try to start up a thread for producing a generic Scope controller? We could brainstorm design ideas and workflow into actually coming down with a point-by-point document of how to create our tailormade scope hardware controllers?

Good or bad idea?
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am negotiating as we speak on this matter. I have finally burnt out on scope, just in time 4 the soundcheck this afternoon. That was 4 weeks of daily 16 hour SFP sessions back to back. I stopped once for a party and had to use Shroomz mixer and the 24 bit WAVE drivers to play old LP's and CD's for a bunch of hot S.American babes from Argentina, and Brazil. My balls were smokin'.
I am building a design that will run DAS Mod. mixer, while running SFP synths simultaneously. So I must come up with a viable solution quickly. I will PM you when I know more. I remember you as the NEKO Man, right?
moxi

Post by moxi »

For those who want to know where to start to build a mixer Control surface based on Ucapps design:

As the Mackie Control protocol is not supported by the scope MIDI implementation, the best way is to use the MIDIbox 64E application. This firmware can support up to 64 endless rotary encoder and up to 8 motor -faders with touch sensor.
A bank mechanism allow you to switch directly between the 8 banks (I let you count how many parameter can be drived so !)

Just a though: Motor faders are nice to have, but increase really the cost of a box ( about 15 Euros for one Alps motorfader), the endless rotary encoder do the same job as well, if you mount on them LEDrings. If mounting LEDring seems to be to much soldering work, you can just add one that will always show the state of the last moved encoder.it's what I've done on my own box..

..now we will have to convainc Creamware to update their mixer to support MIDI multichanel, to be able to drive more than 128 parameter on the big mixers that include EQs and Dyn...;)

maybe a dedicated thread could be great...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Good Idea,
Sorry Shroomz, we got carried away, although it was related to the topic. I'm sure you wouldn't mind someone building a control surface w/ your mixer in mind would you?

Thanks Again Shroomz 4 A Powerful Weapon,
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Shroomz, and Brotha' Man SHARC,
I am loving all this tube / valve stuff. I used your mixer last night 4 the first time live, I haven't gigged on stage since Janurary, just little seques in the studio 4 free, story of my life. Anyway the mixer sounds awesome, and Mehdi's mixer also sounds awesome, as it's on the Synth DAW, yours is on the GigaDAW w/ Rhodes, Wurly, D6, B2003, etc. My vintage emu rack.

I have one request to make this a perfect mixer 4 me. It is perfect in size. As everyone else whines about size, I am grateful, 4 I do all of my jamming several feet away from an LCD, only when I am programming do I sit and stare. I would rather be playing, then squinting @ miniature representations of virtual equipment.

The mixer looks great, but I'm sure you would agree w/ me that it is difficult to see under lighting. But you designed this to be used where it could be seen anyway. I was hoping that sometime in the future, you could make a Scope4live version, w/ fluorescent faders. The silver background 4 some reason is OK. I was surprised also. But the colors of the faders would enable me to make adjustments by ear as I view the LCD amd Graphic representation. I have seen your choices on previous threads. They are exactly what's needed @ this time.

So if you find the time, I can only promise it will be used nightly, and will send you a pic of the LCD showing it, while one of the Girls Gone Wild contestants rub their breasts on it. Or if you prefer, a handsome waiter. Here in Vegas so many women have their own money, that they lobbied for male waiters. They won, but every lawsuit hungry homo in the country showed up instead, hoping to be discriminated against, and collect money for nothing. The choice is yours, but I think you prefer the Girls Gone Wild, right. A fellow ball smokin' red blooded kinda guy.

I am @ your Mercy Kind Sirs,
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

LATEST UPDATE
Mar 14, 2007. - VM-1242 beta v0.6 released.

- features added:-
- 4 new stereo link functions to ch.1-8.
- As requested, brand new custom mixer knobs with coloured caps.

Download v0.6 in the first post of the thread.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

That shouldn't be a problem Scope4live. Send me a PM with your exact requirements & we'll see what we can do for you.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

wow, it has been downloaded more than 212 times since release. that was about half an hour ago... :)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi Kylie, yes that's a lot of downloads in 35 minutes :lol:

I'll reset the download to 0 for the v1.0 release :wink:
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Shroomz wrote:Hi Kylie, yes that's a lot of downloads in 35 minutes :lol:

I'll reset the download to 0 for the v1.0 release :wink:
ugh, this is an accumulative counter?!? :)

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
dobermate

Post by dobermate »

Superb mixer...and I haven't even tried 0.6-version yet! I will absolutely use this one as my standard mixer when it comes to mixdown of grouped tracks.

To Jimmy: Yes, I am "the Neko man". It's a love/hate relationship with that SOB, but I figure you would really benefit of a solid working one 'cos it's really the shit for live stuff (unfortunately, that's not where I am at the moment).
dawman

Post by dawman »

You will be ready for battle , I'm sure of it. I have sat in @ gigs on crappy boards I never could imagine one to use, and still make it happen. But @ your gig, w/ your own rig, that's where it's @ 4 me.

Wow, just noticed the GUI, it looks awesome. You and SHARC are truly the talk of the town. It is a work of audio art !

Thanks Shroomz. PM en route now,

JV
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

hey shroomz,

this is so great..... many thanks to you for this great work....
the new knobs look much better....
the colour grouping on them will make it much easier for working

this was hot from the very beginning.....
but now its getting even hotter.

with all that integrated stuff, its a top notch scope mixer....

problematic is only the DSP needs.
one V1242 eats about a full scope Project card

I`m sure the EQs eat up the DSPs because permanently switched on?

at all: GREAT
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi, the 36 EQs on the 12 channels all load on a single dsp, but I can add dsp managment/bypasses to the EQs if everyone agrees it's worthwhile. We also plan to look at a re-skin & finally for V1.0 will come presets.

regards,
Shroomz
the19thbear

YEAH!

Post by the19thbear »

YEAH!!!! i would love a "lite" version of this mixer! i only have 6 dsp divided on 2 cards, so PLEASE! do this! thanks!