VM-1242 .. no longer available

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Loshmi

Post by Loshmi »

Dear Shroomz,

I am very impressed with your work! This mixer sounds realy exciting! I tried only the first version without dsp management and made some simple mix with drums, and it was very, very hot. Is there any hope for user like me who have two Pulsar II and one Luna board (15 DSP in total) to try newest version?

Best regards,
Loshmi
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Loshmi,
no hope needed,
just download it and use it...
:D
I also have 2xPulsar II (total amount of 12 DSPs) and no problems so far.
Loshmi

Post by Loshmi »

Hifiboom, thanks for your reply. I tried to load the mixer, but have a message: A capacity limit of your DSP cards has been reached. The specific cause is: Cannot add module Bench DSP 2, etc... Am I miss something important?
voidar

Post by voidar »

I've got two Pulsars and I seem to be able to load version 0.6 into an empty project at 44.1KHz.
Loshmi

Post by Loshmi »

Yes, I succeed on 44, 1 also, but not on 48. Strange...
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

okay, I use it also at 44,1.

so there seems to be the difference.
voidar

Post by voidar »

The first version which loads on two boards won't load at 48KHz. I guess it won't load on an 14/15DSP card at that rate too. On a nother note, the previous version wouldn't load on my system at all :)

I am starting to appreciate processing in 48KHz and feel the standard EQs and distortion sounding better.

Shroomz: Any chance you ever will have this load at higher sample rates?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Loshmi, we'll try to get you hooked up.

In the meantime, thanks for the comments & feedback. Very interesting that dsp assignments I make are being reassigned for some users with various board configs. I need to know more, so the more feedback (whether good or bad), the better.

regards,
Shroomz
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Voidar, yes 48khz operation is possible, but not with this device architecture. This was built for use @ 44.1, sorry I should've mentioned that.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Did you notice this takes less DSP's than previous versions. It was the first thing I noticed when I re-loaded the project that contained the last version. My new project loaded quicker, so I decided instead of lowering my polyphony when I shut down, I left them all on 8 voice. Re-Booted and the project loaded much faster, and w/ full polyphony. Kudos to you, however this was achieved.

The color scheme on the EQ's shows up under the glaring reflections and lights also.

Presets are a must, as I believe many people will be using this for recording, and playing.

I now have 3 custom mixers 4 my DAWg's. You and SHARC should be proud, as the other 2 custom mixers are from DAS, and SpaceF. You have come out of the gate with style, speed , and grace.

Hats Off,

JV
the19thbear

hi

Post by the19thbear »

any chance this mixer will be able to run on 2 boards, each with 3 dsp=6 dsp´s in total?? or is this dreaming?? maybe by bypassing the eq´s and onther goodies...

thanks.
Loshmi

Post by Loshmi »

Shroomz wrote:Voidar, yes 48khz operation is possible, but not with this device architecture. This was built for use @ 44.1, sorry I should've mentioned that.
Shroomz, I made mix in 48khz project, with 0.1 version, no DSP management. Can you confirm this that device is working on 44.1, please. I am a litle confused about that....
Thanks
dawman

Post by dawman »

If you wish to pass up the well designed EQ's, why not use a couple of the VP-8's?
On the other hand, an SRB w/ 6 x DSP's would allow you to use much, much more than the 2 x Luna's.
the19thbear

ok

Post by the19thbear »

yeah.. i guess you are right.... i just like the GUI of this mixer... but´if the sound is the same i might as well go with the vp 8, thanks. :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am selling my extra DSP cards. I have 1 x 6 DSP SRB Type II left. Check the purchasing thread. I kept these 4 spares after I loaded all 3 DAW's w/ 15 DSP boosters, and 15 DSP I / O cards. They have been collecting dust for a year now, so they are history.

Happy Hunting,

JV
voidar

Post by voidar »

Loshmi:

Without DSP management the device is loading all over the place, so you will be able to fit it at higher sample rates at the cost of signal paths not being in phase.
voidar

Post by voidar »

Shroomz:

I have managed to do something strange.

I set the sample rate for my XTCproject to 44.1K, then load your mixer, set up the connections and disables it from DSP.

I then load up REAPER XTC project loads up while A16U displays 44.1K, but after that I force set the sample rate from REAPER to 48K, the 48K LED on my A16U lights up. I then load the mixer into DSP again and everything loads up fine.

I can play back and load plug-ins (that work) in the host.

If I ever get a DSP error (like when clicking the XTC-icon to see DSP resources), I can just press NO or CANCEL and things will continue to play back, with loaded plugs still processing. If I hit YES (for optimizing) I will go into an unlimed loop of DSP capacity limit reached.

I find this phenomenon quite strange frankly :), especially since the A16U reports the rate set by REAPER. And BTW, if I set rate to 88.K1 or 96K, I will get DSP errors.

BTW, we need patch saving with this mixer.

UPDATE:

If I hook up the midi out connector it won't work. :]
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Update ! - All 3 versions with different dsp management are now updated to v0.6 release
You can download them in the first post of the thread.

regards,
Shroomz
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

scope4live wrote:Did you notice this takes less DSP's than previous versions.
That's because it initially loads with the AUX sections 'off dsp' to make load times faster. If you want to use the AUX's, you'll need to switch them on.
Shroomz~>

Re: hi

Post by Shroomz~> »

the19thbear wrote:any chance this mixer will be able to run on 2 boards, each with 3 dsp=6 dsp´s in total?? or is this dreaming?? maybe by bypassing the eq´s and onther goodies...
Hi, there's a new version just uploaded which is called 'VM1242_v0_6_MINdspMAN'. That version should hopefully load on a 2 x 3dsp setup, but I can't test that here, so you'll just need to try it. Let me know how it goes.