MUBACO V - unchanged release-version 1

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Although old 5-band-versions were kind of optimized on DSP-distribution and worked beautifully on my SDK I found some phasing-issues (not on the 4-band-version) with SFP (very strange).

Martin
Last edited by MCCY on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drawpast

Great device

Post by drawpast »

Thanks for the work you put into this device. MUBACOdspDIST works well here and uses slightly more DSP than MUBA_0_5c.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

The device (the last version which you posted above) definately does not have a phase problem on our system. I'm guessing you've assigned it accross specific dsps on board 0 & 1 because I can only load a single instance. Is that what you've done?
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

exactly. Now I see, that you did the same thing for your tubewarmer. I'm really wondering why there are problems when not specifying to specific DSPs but to "same DSP". I understand your solution to just bring out multiple different devs with different DSP adressing, so that one can load several devices...
O.K. got it .

Martin
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Maybe we're missing something or doing something wrong, but from what I've seen here at this end, the only way to guarantee alignment of a 2nd instance of a device if it can't be loaded on the same dsp as the first instance is to put it on a set dsp (or dsps) on board0 & set it to load on the same dsp/s on board 1&2 versions of the device. Seems like a workaround rather than a solution.
astroman

Post by astroman »

well, guessing from history the system wasn't designed to be sample aligned throughout the whole project - as such it's in fact just a workaround to nail things to a certain DSP.
It would end like the Digidesign aproach and leave resources unavailable in favour to match theory specs - questionable if there's any (at least with a minimal significance) effect on 'sound' at all.

Imho it's enough to know that slight displacements can happen and pay attention to critical sections (in respective cases). If you're not aware what a 'respective case' is, you wouldn't notice anyway... ;)
Any connector, cable or whatever capacitance or inductivity introduced somewhere in the signal flow has the very same effect - it's just a bit more difficult to measure, so only a fool would do it... the caps in 2 mixer channels can easily deviate 30%, one +15, the other -15 ;) would you replace them by parts 10 times as expensive just to be sure ? Would you avoid cables because you don't know the individual figures for resistance, capacitance and inductivity ? Some of that even changes with the way you physically place the cable... :P

it's a different story with a stereo device (for example) and with multiband filters it might also be a concern (no idea about the internals here), but other than that I wouldn't waste too much effort. There are more significant influences on sound...

cheers, Tom
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

updated
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

wow what a wonderful gui...

I`ll check it out. Shroomz hit the sweet spot agian. :D

A clean surface

very very nice. :)
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

just checked it, the surface is clean and really much easier to understand than the previous version.

Wooow!
I`m especially stunned by the the 5 easy to set up freq bands.

Its not just "good looking", its really a workflow improvement.
hubird

Post by hubird »

stunning! :-)
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hifiboom, I think you're right about the workflow. There's something very ergonomic about having a lot of control in a small space with the right paging system for navigation.

Thanks Martin ! :cool:
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

absolutly, you seem to have the right hand for that stuff. no question ! :)
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

The credit here goes to Martin. I think this is a stunning device that he's built. I haven't had time to truely give it a run for it's money, but first impressions were .... wow, what a great sound and that's what's important.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

YEP you are right, I just meant your GUI-designing skills in this case.

Did wanted to drop Martins algo work :)
basati

Post by basati »

it sounds realy realy great.

thanks very much !!!
its an very heavy tool for work.

sometimes when i use as insert on page GLOBAL1 the TubeType-knob is hidden/go lost... is somewhere in the 0 and 1 -nirvana...
with some presets the knob is there on his place again
:-?
when i change to another preset the knob is gone...
his presence can be safed in the presets :lol:
strange...

have somebody too this problem, is it to fix?

:D :D
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Hi!
It is normal that the tube knob disappears, when you disable sat mode. The tube-knob is only visible when tube saturation (no. 2) is activated on global 1.
The softclip knob disappears when you disable main sat.
All tube-knobs disappear when saturation is disabled. I didn't want to leave any knobs which you can turn, but don't hear a difference in sound ;)

B.t.w. MuBaCo is only knobs which don't change sound. It's all in your head. Shrooms graphics are hypnotising so that you will never notice, that MuBaCo has no effect at all :P

I will look into it again. Thanks for your feedback!!!
And never give up complaining when something is wrong. I give my best to correct!

martin
basati

Post by basati »

thank you martin.
the19thbear

WOW

Post by the19thbear »

well. I used the mucabo today on my mix, and WOW! this is absolutly amazing! i LOVE the tube adjust for each band, I can´t tell you how long I have been waiting for a decent multiband comp for scope! ( and this one is alot more than decent!)
thank you very much!

thanks!
thanks!
is it possible at all to add a wizard function??( like optimaster)

thanks!!
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Thanks!
Be carefull with presets in the old 0.8 version! use new version for presets (and TEST before serious usage!!)

There is still much work to do with thisone... but I think a wizard function exceedes my knowledge and my abilities with SDK. I love the wizard in Optimaster and any wizard I'd build would be a bad one compared to thatone... So MuBaCo has to be handcrafted ;) Optimaster is still the better choice for the non-tweakers&listeners.

Martin

B.T.W. With softknee turned on you have to watch input-level carefully! I had some nasty distortions yesterday feeding a very loud mix in mubaco with softknee turned on.
MCCY

CM3

Post by MCCY »

No news with MuBaCo, here it works just brilliant, so there could be a 1 in the version number ...

With CM3 & CM3e(asy) you can modify control signal to get an expander.

Use CM modules in Control-manip Window and you will see that you get a high reduction on main window which will release with incoming control signal...
Treshold & amount are setable.

So don't forget: For this expander the releasetime is the 'real' attack-time 8)

Have fun!

Martin
Attachments
cm3.zip
(159.27 KiB) Downloaded 225 times